Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Remote Access

here you go bob....

thanks to OP

This is a script i put together a while back to check if cccam is up and running on my DM500s using pli jade.

Use: If cccam is running nothing is done, if cccam is unresponsive it is restarted.

How to implement:

Telnet to your dreambox ip , i use Putty as my connection manager on Windows as its free and does the job perfectly.

Once you log into your dreambox ,decide where you want to place the script. I put it in /var/bin/

Code:
     cd /var/bin/
vi CCcamCheck.sh
Insert the below code into the file CCcamCheck.sh
Code:
     #!/bin/sh
USERNAME=root
PASS=whatever
HOST=192.168.1.2
PORT=16001

if
  ps x |grep -v grep |grep -c CCcam >/dev/null ; then
    if
      cd /tmp/
      wget http://$USER:$PASS@$HOST:$PORT ; then
      rm /tmp/index.html
        echo "$(date) wget ok .... CCcam is up and running"
else
    echo "wget not ok trying to kill CCcam"
        if killall CCcam > /dev/null ; then
             echo "$(date) CCcam Killed"
        else
            if /bin/CCcam > /dev/null ; then
                 sleep 10;
                 echo "$(date) Cccam Restarted"
               if ps x |grep -v grep |grep -c CCcam >/dev/null ; then
                  if
                    cd /tmp/
                    wget http://$USER:$PASS@$HOST:$PORT ; then
                    rm /tmp/index.html
                       echo "$(date) wget ok .... CCcam is up and running"
                  fi
               fi
            fi
        fi
   fi
fi
I chose to use the VI text editor in the above example but the file can be ftpd to your chosen directory.

Make sure the above code is changed to meet your needs.

Once the file is in place

Code:
     chmod +x CCcamCheck.sh

To make the file executable.

At this point you should be able to test the script by issuing the following.

Code:
     /var/bin/CCcamCheck.sh
which should output the following
Connecting to 192.168.1.2[192.168.1.2]:16001
index.html 100% |************************************************* ************************************************** *******| 972 --:-- ETA
Fri Feb 19 16:45:58 CET 2010 wget ok .... CCcam is up and running
If not open up the script and try to debug.

If the output is ok. You will have to add the job to root crontab. So the check is run every X min.

First off i had to start the cron deamon. In pli jade i did this by doing the following:

Blue button > System Settings > Services to run > <Ticked> Start Crond and Saved
To check if crond has started use this command.

Code:
     ps aux | grep -i cron
and it should display the following.

root@dm500 /var/bin # ps aux | grep -i cron
80 root 636 S crond
19056 root 440 S grep -i cron
PID 80 is the crond process which confirms it is up and running.
PID 19056 is the ps aux | grep -i cron process id which can be ignored.


Now that crond is running.

We have to create a file called root in:

Code:
vi  /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
and insert the following.

Code:
*/1 * * * * /var/bin/CCcamCheck.sh >> /tmp/CCcamCheck.log 2>&1
This runs the script every one min

*/1 * * * *
The script to be run is

/var/bin/CCcamCheck.sh
And a log file is created in

/tmp/CCcamCheck.log
That should be it.

Once everything is in place, this script should work fine "To my knowledge"

You can always check what is happening by tailing the log file

Code:
     tail -f /tmp/CCcamCheck.log
 
Last edited:
Thanks mate, so do I select 'NO' to the HTTP 'S' OPTION? BUT YES TO THE 'HTTP' OPTION?

And on my router I also have 'virtual server' but what do I put in PUBLIC PORT and what do I put in PRIVATE PORT?

I fear I may be getting nubers the wrong way around!

There are a couple of different approaches being promoted here, so it's getting a bit confusing.
First, I concur that the option you use should be HTTP, not HTTPS. I don't see how HTTPS could work unless you arrange an SSL certificate from somewhere, another issue entirely.

Next, I was suggesting that there was no need to use a port other than the default 80 on the link between the modem and the Vu+ since that is private anyway.
Others are suggesting that as well as using a non-standard port for inbound HTTP traffic (that is, something other than 80; say 1234), you forward that inbound traffic to a non-standard port on your own network (could be anything, doesn't have to be 1234). If you do that, you'll have to configure the Vu+ to listen on that port instead of the default 80.

1)Here's how it would work in the standard manner:
Remote client -->HTTP traffic on port 80 for the IP of your modem --> Your modem forwarding port 80 from outside to port 80 on your LAN --> your Vu+ listening on 80

2)Here's how it could work if you just obscure the external port being used:
Remote client -->HTTP traffic on port 1234 for the IP of your modem --> Your modem forwarding port 1234 from outside to port 80 on your LAN --> your Vu+ listening on 80

3)Here's how it could work if you obscure the external port being used, and, for some reason, choose to use a non-standard port for Vu+ traffic on your LAN:
Remote client -->HTTP traffic on port 1234 for the IP of your modem --> Your modem forwarding port 1234 from outside to, say port 5678 on your LAN --> your Vu+ listening on 5678

1 is least secure as 'hackers' would look for port 80 being open for HTTP traffic.
2 is marginally safer, but your real security comes from the authentication.
3 would be used if you have multiple web servers on your LAN (one of which would be the Vu+) and you want to be able to direct traffic from outside to a specific server.

That's my understanding of port forwarding, but I don't claim to be an expert.
 
I've finally connected!

Thanks guys. I take it now when im away from home, I can 'RESTART ENIGMA 2' and this will also restart my ccam????
 
How do I set a password on the VU+ Duo Webinterface....It keeps asking me for one when I try to log on using yourname.homelinux.com:1222 from my neighbours PC.
If I leave it blank and press submit it goes to a blank screen with done in the bottom left, I have checked the port using OPen Port Check Tool, and it says my port is open.
Any ideas ?

7917951245p

Cheers.
 
Last edited:
I can access it from my LAN using http://VU IP:Port/
But not from my neighbours PC....I have left the....Enable HTTP Authentication to No
And not yet set a password.....Is this correct ? Or do I need to set a password on the VU Duo first of all ?
How do I set a password ?

Cheers.
 
this is a hypothetical number for the router ip for the OP.

have u changed ur password using telnet. is this image loaded by you or your receiver came configured and loaded
 
Thanks to you all.....You know who you are.....I'm sorted now, I was getting my : and my / mixed up....All working well.

Thanks for all the help.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top