Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Remote control range issue ET8500

satnut2

Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2014
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hey all

I seem to have developed an issue with the remote control range on my 3 year old ET8500

Unless I hold the remote around a metre away from the front of the receiver I cant change channel

I have 3 different remotes with all new batteries and its the same on all of them

Also checked for interference i.e another button stuck in on another remote and the problem remains

I have done the usual rebooting box etc and cant resolve

Any help appreciated
 
I presume you have checked your remote is sending a signal by using camera on mobile to see if it blinks.Any electrical items blocking signal,dect phones,smart stuff in that room?

Could you try box in another room to see if it is still the same.

Not heard if they suffer from sensor pickup issues.
 
update - after much messing about the fault was actually a faulty magic eye which was dragging the IR signal down

Replaced the magic eye and back to normal
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top