Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] Remote control Volume & mute not working

grip

New member
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Norfolk
Hello all,
As the title"VU+ 4k Uno SE remote Volume control and mute not working". I have recently bought the unit 2nd hand and there was OpenVix 4.4 (earlier than 9th December 2020) installed and both volume and mute worked fine. I put a later image on OpenVix 5.4.003 and the volume and remote don't work. I have an old VU+ Solo2 and the remote works fine on volume and mute. I was going to try setting the remote using the 2 and 7 --> help -->0001 or 0002 but there is no light after holding the 2&7 for 3 or 4 seconds. It's not a massive issue as I have volume control an my TV and can always revert to the old remote. Tried both with and without settings restore.

grip
 
It is probably set to TV of previous owner, Samsung and your LG or whatever

Ignore me I didn't read properly

\\\\\\\\\\new remote has different setup codes
 
Last edited:
In your audio settings if you have DTS etc set to passthrough you won't be able to control the volume. If it is set to downscale then you can. Makes sense if you think about.
 
Hi Tkr001,
Thanks for your reply, both settings are set to downmix and changes make no difference with either remote, as I have said in OP the older VU+ solo2 remote volume works fine there is something different in the Uno SE remote, maybe irs a software problem, maybe my newer remote has a problem.
 
Does anything else work with the new remote? If the 2+7 doesn't produce a light I would suspect a faulty remore.
 
Thanks again for your reply Tkr001

I have found what the problem was....me... I really must learn to RTFM. The volume and mute are programmable between TV and STB:

Volume Punch (volume+/-, mute key setup) to stb mode:
a) Press STB power + OK for 3 seconds or until red light is on
b) Press STB power key
c) RED LED blinks 2 times then off.

grip
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top