Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-DVB-S/S2] Saorsat - Failed to tune Saorsat on tuner B

Sorry, seen your pm last night. I'm out and about away from the house at the minute, but I'll send the address when back
 
Great - that worked perfectly. Satellite is now correctly picked up as 9.0E Ka-band instead of the Ku-Band which was previously picked up.
I'm re-introducing 28.2. Hopefully, I'll get past the fail to tune Saorsat on Tuner B message.
 
All working perfectly now - including the custom mix file switching out the 28.2 channels for the 9.0E equivalents.

Thank you both for your help in getting this setup. It has been a long process, but I know my parents will be very grateful for your perseverance.
 
Ok, That is the opposite to convention. Why would Inverto do something so stupid? This is why Voltage Mode will not work polarisation and why your switch needs the LNB plugged in the wrong port.

With a normal LNB when you insert the dielectric plate "vertical" becomes "RHCP". This has nothing to do with the wiring, but just that the plate is inserted.


Hi - I'm having an issue obtaining Saorsat again on OpenVix on a Mutant HD51. Had some work done at house and there is an issue reconnecting this for my parents. The predefined transponder does not pick up a signal. When I change to Vertical - or even Right Circular, it is now working.
I think that the issue with my setup is where I've connected the satellite feed into the multiswitch and is directly related to the above reply from @Huevos.


28.2E fed into Port A of an EMP-Centauri Multiswitch.
9.0E fed into the Vertical Low input of Port B of the Multiswitch. All Saorsat is on a single transponder, so a single input is sufficient. Should I be changing this to one of the Horiztonal inputs or do I need to update the transponder settings in the Satellites.xml?

Thanks.
 
Hi,

I'm still having the above issue. I bought a H7S for a relative and connected Saorsat feed into the box direct from the dish. The default transponder is not picking up a signal. I appreciate that the setup in the transponder file is correct; is the issue with the Inverto having the voltages reversed causing my problem? I'm using the KA-SAT tuner setup and latest OpenVix.

Whatever about my home setup with a multiswitch, I had expected a direct feed into the H7S would get picked up by the default settings. Do I need to do something to consider the reversal of the voltages?

To resolve my problem is there anywhere I can place a file to overwrite all settings for Saorsat so that I can avoid having to modify files when I refresh Satellites.xml and ABM?
 
Last edited:
For the h7s are you saying there are 2 dishes one for 28 and one for 9e or are you using a dual feed. You need a special lnb for saorsat and as 9e is very tricky i use the fta comedy channel to get 9 e first then switch the lnb.

what frequency are you ussng for saorsat?
 
For the h7s are you saying there are 2 dishes one for 28 and one for 9e or are you using a dual feed. You need a special lnb for saorsat and as 9e is very tricky i use the fta comedy channel to get 9 e first then switch the lnb.

what frequency are you ussng for saorsat?

In this setup, I've got Saorsat directly into the H7s tuner. The dish was installed by a professional installer so I've no questions there on it. Terrestrial aerial goes into the T tuner.

I've two dishes in my home setup. Both are unable to capture the Saorsat signal using the default settings.

I'm not asking for ABM to be modified as it does appear to l be correct, I'm just wanting a way negate the need to manually update the files every I refresh them.
 
The problem is you don't say what frequency you are inputting to the H7S to pick up 9e, it has to be entered manually and saved. The sat has to be changed to ka sat as well. I just checked on a uno5kse with vix 6.6-013 and you can toggle on 9e to ku or ka. I dont use saorsat anymore but got this frequency. Once you set the sat correctly it will run in ABM. I dont understand " I'm just wanting a way negate the need to manually update the files every I refresh them" Saorsat never changes. The wind makes no allowance for a profesional installer.

By the way I have 2 spare ka sat lnb's

System: dvb-s2
Frequency: 10758
Inversion: on
Symbol: 12500
Polarisation:vertical
Fec: 5/6
Modulation: qpsk
Roll-off 0.20
Pilot : auto
 
I am using the KA-SAT setup in the satelites.xml:

<sat name="9.0E Ka-band Eutelsat 9B & Ka-Sat 9A" flags="1" position="92">
<transponder frequency="20192000" symbol_rate="12500000" polarization="2" fec_inner="4" system="1" modulation="1" />


This aligns with the saorsat transponder info for ABM:

<name>Saorsat</name>
<streamtype>dvbs</streamtype>
<protocol>lcn</protocol>
<transponder
orbital_position="92"
frequency="20192500"
symbol_rate="12500000"
polarization="2"
fec_inner="4"
inversion="2"
system="1"
modulation="1"
roll_off="0"
pilot="2"
tsid="8564"
onid="1005"
/>




The problem is as outlined previously by @Huevos, the LNB I'm using is has the voltages switched to the convention:

Ok, That is the opposite to convention. Why would Inverto do something so stupid?

This means I need to have a different value for the polarisation to the official values, due to the LNB the installer uses. Although, I've checked a different manufacturer and they are the same (I'm using an Inverto):

https://www.atcsupplies.ie/product.php?id=001180

Input frequency range 19.7GH- 20.2GHz
Output frequency range 1500MHz- 1000MHz (spectrum inversion
Low band LO frequency 21.20GHz
LO temperature drift ± 3.0MHz Max
LO initial accuracy ± 1.0MHz Max
Polarization Dual circular foe KA band (RHCP/LHCP)
LO phase noise @ 10kHz -85dBc / Hz max
LO phase noise @ 100kHz -100dBc / Hz max
Conversion gain 50dB - 65dB
Gain ripple (over 26MHz bandwidth) ± 0.75dB
Gain variation (over full band) ± 5dB max
Image rejection 40dB min
1dB compression point 0.0dBm min
Cross polarization isolation 22dB typ
Polarization selection - LHCP 13V
Polarization selection - RHCP 18v

Output VSWR 2.0 : 1
In band spurious level -60dBm max
Current consumption 170mA @ 11V-20V
Operating temperature -30ºC to 60ºC
Output impedance 75Ω



What I'd like to do is to either have a way to alter the polarisation on the device automatically, or be able to hold the Saorsat values in Satellites.xml and sat_0090_saorsat.xml whilst updating the Satellites.xml transponders and ABM provider files for 28.2E.

Is there any way to do this?
 
For ABM, if you put the modified provider file in /etc/Enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/ it won't be affected by updates. The other provider files will be updated as normal. (Check path spelling in case I have made errors).

For satellites.xml, you can put modified one in etc enigma2, it too will not be changed when you update. However you will have to update the whole file yourself.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top