Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] sat signal failure

db49er

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2017
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Points
16
A few months ago I had no satellite signal when bringing vu+ solo or uno out of standby although solo retained a terrestrial signal which passes through the lnb. The only way to resolve the issue is to power-down both boxes and then everything returns to normal on power-up. This now happens two or three times a week.

Does this smack of a failing lnb or could there be another reason ?.
 
You posted as the uno 4kse and then added the solo but I have the uno4kse and I get the same issue but the way round it is to look closely at the small screen on box and press menu and it should appear, then exit, then arrow up and a channel appears, press ok and you should get picture, or arrow down and OK. I just power off box I dont use standby. Power down does that mean you use switch at rear?? I'm still on 6.5
 
What do you guys have attached to the fbc tuners? Unicable or universal lnb,s ?
 
Yes, I use switch on back. They are both fed from the same unicable lnb and I have to switch off both to rectify the problem, just rebooting one does not work. I shall check front screen next time it happens.
 
Yes, I use switch on back. They are both fed from the same unicable lnb and I have to switch off both to rectify the problem, just rebooting one does not work. I shall check front screen next time it happens.
When you say switch, do you mean a splitter? If not what type,of switch is it, as normally only splitters are used.
Also depending on the unicable switch there can be a boot delay set by default which is several seconds
 
For my part I have universal lnb's and A is 28e and B is usals connected to motorised. I also use a play tv tuner for DTT. I use HDMI into a Sony TV and its on hdmi 1/ARC with HDMI CEC enabled. When it happens I'm not fussed as I watch progs with different resolutions, ie 1280 AFN, 1440, 1980, 704, 528, 720, and I get frame rate as well. Unose is set to 1080i mode but I use sly Q skin and that says resolution of the channel. I expect the box upscales to 1080i. There is a pause when I change channels but TV says I'm getting 1080i and looks good so happy. I don't like powering off willy nilly hence use of LCD screen. I have iptv on it as well and that's more resolutions.

If there is a fix I'll try it but as mentioned not overly bothered.

I have to say UNO4kse is some box and remote is ...awesome.
 
Last edited:
A few months ago I had no satellite signal when bringing vu+ solo or uno out of standby although solo retained a terrestrial signal which passes through the lnb. The only way to resolve the issue is to power-down both boxes and then everything returns to normal on power-up. This now happens two or three times a week.

Does this smack of a failing lnb or could there be another reason ?.

Ok so the system is:

  • DUR-Line UK 119 Unicable 2/JESS LNB
  • Terrestrial TV aerial signal is inserted via second port on LNB
  • Some sort of splitter to feed separate rooms
  • Wall plates to extract DVB-S and DVB-T back to different ports
  • vuuno4k and vusolo4k

So TV aerial is functioning normally always.

Satellite not.

vusolo4k and vuuno4k have the satellite socket powered 24/7 when the receiver is in or out of standby. Only way to stop power to the LNB is deep standby, turn off the rocker switch, pull out the power lead, or disconnect the cable between the receiver and the LNB.

From what you describe there is a problem with the LNB and the only way to temporarily solve it is remove all power from the LNB and then power again so it reboots from scratch. This is either low voltage reaching the LNB or the LNB is broken. So first check voltage at the LNB using an f-connector t-piece and a multimeter. Should be at least 12 volts while the LNB is in operation. If that is OK I would change the LNB.
 
Yes, that is all correct and thank you.
The only concern that I have is finding an lnb that allows pass-through of terrestrial signal because I am unable to introduce a second cable.
 
Yes, that is all correct and thank you.
The only concern that I have is finding an lnb that allows pass-through of terrestrial signal because I am unable to introduce a second cable.

You can use a combiner...

But the truth is all this stuff you have inline (spitters, combiners, wallplates) is eating the signal.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 2

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top