Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt HD2400] Sharing box HDD over network

eoinzy

New member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dublin
Hi,

I have some recordings on my box.
I'm wondering if I can access them over the network, specifically from a raspberry pi on my network running debian?

I have recording and some other films I've put into a sub-folder in my recording folder, named "Downloads", but openWebIf doesn't behave as expected (doesn't show sub-folders, just files at that level) so I was hoping to find another way.
Ideally one that I can visit via a web browser, as I want to temporarily open my box to the network and send my IP to a family member so they can access one of the files.
So web based is preferable, but I might have to go the route of FTP.

Cheers.
 
I only use enigma2 receivers with samba enabled to use with other e2 boxes and you can stream from one location to another.I dont allow outside ports to be open in case you might be hacked.Think you can also copy files to a pc and use vlc,sorry i cant help any further.
 
I want to temporarily open my box to the network and send my IP to a family member so they can access one of the files.

That's all they'll need to hack into your box (and local lan).
 
They'll need more than my IP. Openwebif doesn't seem to let me access the subfolders, eg /media/hdd/movie/downloads/myMovie/, but it'll show any files I place directly in /media/hdd/movie/downlods/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top