Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mini] [Solved] can someone please help me solve my cross epg issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter No1gooner
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another thing I've noticed just now, I've tried to do a manual download of cross epg and it reads 905 channels, but when reading titles it just zips straight past it and straight through the rest of the process and doesn't save or load anything? Make of this what you will, hopefully I can't find a solution before the weekend if not I will do what Sicilian said on Saturday or Sunday and report back.
Thanks again for everyone's help.
 
Sorry but another thing I've noticed is when I check signal on tuner b it's gives me a reading of 80/100% snr and agc and locked and then completely drops out and un-locks, I've swapped cables in the back and the one that works fine on tuner a will do exactly the same on tuner b, I'm starting to think that I may have an issue with the tuner on this edision, whether it be faulty or a bug in openvix.
If I tune to tuner b to watch something or record I'm not getting any tune failed errors and it seems to work fine.
 
We have isolated the issue to the HDD not waking up in time. This is why it is disappearing until a restart. Are you able to connect a USB stick and use that for testing purposes?
 
I've found that cross epg is using tuner b to download, so that explains why it wasn't reading titles, when I checked it and it dropped I went back to tuner a and then back to tuner b in signal finder and it didn't drop again, I then downloaded epg again on tuner b and it worked first time, if anything it's like tuner b goes to sleep and needs waking up!
 
I'm going to run a test tonight I've set preferred tuner to B and my hdd standby time back to 1 minute, the download should take place on tuner A and if it completes successfully then I think it will then confirm an issue with tuner B even though I can watch and record on it with no issues.
 
I'm going to run a test tonight I've set preferred tuner to B and my hdd standby time back to 1 minute, the download should take place on tuner A and if it completes successfully then I think it will then confirm an issue with tuner B even though I can watch and record on it with no issues.

Cross EPG downloader does not work that way It will use the last qualifying and free tuner. It won't take your preferences into account because tuner B will be free. Same applies for ABM. The only way you can do it is to disable Tuner B.
 
Seagate 500gb, If it fails again tomorrow morning with the test I run then I will try swapping the hdd's tomorrow and report back.
 
Just found this in the crash log and it says something about tuner lock.
r5/git/src/enigma2/python/crossepg_downloader.py", line 296, in checkTunerLock
< 44200.711> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getFrontendStatus'
< 44200.711> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method CrossEPG_Downloader.checkTunerLock of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.CrossEPG.crossepg_downloade r.CrossEPG_Downloader'>>,()) failed)
 
Thanks for all your suggestions, but I can't stress enough that my other edision set up exactly the same, same brand of hdd and same settings works fine, I checked epg data this morning on the second box and every channel had updated just past 5.30am, so there's defiantly something not quite right still. I'm still not comfortable with the hdd being awake all the time when I'm not using the box and at the moment this is the only thing I found as a workaround.

Do an image backup of the other receiver, ftp over to your troubled receiver and restore via image manager. Then just tweak the tuner config setup n see what happens.
 
Just found this in the crash log and it says something about tuner lock.
r5/git/src/enigma2/python/crossepg_downloader.py", line 296, in checkTunerLock
< 44200.711> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getFrontendStatus'
< 44200.711> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method CrossEPG_Downloader.checkTunerLock of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.CrossEPG.crossepg_downloade r.CrossEPG_Downloader'>>,()) failed)

If you want me to be honest, I think you got an issue with either your HDD or communal feeds.

If the unit had tuner issues, it would not scan all channels like the results in your other thread.

If its an issue with communal feeds you'll same issue with any twin tuner receiver.
 
I've only had this issue since swapping to the edision which to me seems a bit of a coincidence, my previous twin tuner receiver worked fine right up until I swapped to the edision with no issues as did my sky + box before that, if it was a issue with the feed going to tuner b then surely when I swapped the cable to tuner a I would then get the issue as well on tuner a but I don't? Also when putting the 'working' feed from tuner a to tuner b I still get the problem? Personally I think it's either a issue with my hdd like you said or there is a issue with tuner b in the hardware.
 
I've already tried that Andy but made no difference.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so if I can watch channels, record channels, scan channels all fine on tuner b then I can't understand why the only thing not to work is cross epg? Surely if it was a problem with the communal feeds then all the above would be affected?
When I mentioned that when doing a signal check tuner b seemed to just suddenly drop out, if I exit that menu and then tune to a channel on tuner b it works fine surely I would get a tune failed error if the feed had really dropped out?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry my post to Abu was meant for you Andy I've corrected it now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top