Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mini] [Solved] can someone please help me solve my cross epg issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter No1gooner
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't one created before the crash, the debug log created is roughy 24 seconds after the crash That is the only one that seems to correspond with the crash.
 
A debug log created after an event has happened does not correspond with the event. It has to be the debug log running at the time the event happened, i.e. the date/time of the debug log must be earlier than the crash log.
 
one wasn't created if it was I would post it, I'm not disagreeing with you as you know more then me but 19 seconds after the crash log was created do you not think that is not a coincidence? The de-bug log is timed at 6.00.21am and I have cross epg set to download at 6.00am so the event times look to me to match.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No it is not a coincidence. A debug log is creaed on a GUI restart.
 
ok please excuse me if this is a silly question but you say a de-bug log is created by a GUI restart so if the crash is causing the box to restart then I don't quite understand how the de-bug log can be created before the crash? So if the box is crashing and causing it to restart is that not the reason for the de-bug log being created?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Say for example, you start (from cold) you receiver at 13:00. The debug log will have the date and 13:00 time.
[If it has not got internet access to obtain time, the debug log will have a date of 1970. During the bootup process, it will get the time when it tunes to a channel.]

Say at 14:00, you install something and restart . It will create another debug log with the 14:00 stamp.


If at 14:34, it crashes.
It will finalise the 14:00 debug log if it can.
It will generate the crash log
It will restart. As part of the restart process, it will create another debug log. Most probably 14:35.

The debug log at 14:00 will contain details of events leading up to the crash.
The debug log at 14:35 is after the crash so will not have any details relevant to the crash.
 
Thanks abu for clearing that up but like I say there is no de-bug log before the crash so I'm unable to provide it, I'm making arrangements for the box to go back to WOS as I think tuner b is faulty after test after test this is the only thing I actually see a problem with, after 9 pages of this thread I'm still no closer to solving this with everyone's help so will see what happens when the box is tested by WOS and go from there
 
The whole point of a debug log is that it is running all the time to catch things that don't lead to a crash. A new one is created every time the GUI starts.
 
its not your box its a issue with the plugin mine is the same have to turn box off and do manually
 
Can you be a bit more specific about your issue please nuttytony? are you using an edision?
 
Well woke up this morning to what looked like a working box, cross epg had downloaded fine, checked my recordings and hdd was blank and had to reboot to bring it back, once rebooted the box had lost the epg data from the 6am download, checked signal on tuner b and dropped straight away, came out of signal finder and went back and checked it 3 times and it doesn't drop again.
WOS have replied and have given me instructions to send back, if anyone can come up with a solution today so I don't have to send back it would be greatly appreciated.

although the box hadn't crashed I've attached the debug log.
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read the whole of this thread (just a quick scan) but looking at the last debug log you just attached, it's looking like it's HDD related.

Two things to point out here...

< 54682.839> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/hdd/timeshift// statfs failed: No such file or directory
< 54683.458> [eEPGCache] Failed to open /media/hdd/epg.dat: Read-only file system

I'm assuming you've already done a fresh usb install and re-initialised your HDD (this will format/erase everything on it)?

UPDATE: I read you have a USB HDD attached. Is there anyway you can have this powered externally rather than via USB port? Apologies if this has been mentioned and/or tried!
 
Looks like 2 issues in this thread.
USB powered HDD not waking up on time - use a powered USB drive or USB stick.

Tuner B signal loss - broken bit of wire stuck in tuner b?
 
Yes I've tried erasing the hdd and no difference, unfortunately I haven't got a powered hdd, with tuner b there is nothing stuck in there I can see and nothing broken off the cable so I'm thinking its a dodgy tuner in the box which I'm hoping WOS will confirm. In regards to the hdd do you think it's knackered? I use the same hdd in my edision with no issues.
 
You can check hdd by using the "filesystem check" menu option within Storage devices.

You need to ensure timeshift isn't enabled (if you have it enabled then disable it and restart box and check).

PS: Have you tried a USB stick initialised via menus for storing epg on to see if problems stop then (ensure HDD is removed).
 
Last edited:
You definitely have a problem with the HDD. Buy/borrow/steal a usb stick (doesnt need to be big). There is no point paying to send a box back only to find the problem is at your end. Only when the HDD problems are sorted can you claim there is an issue with the tuner. You have been at this for a few days now and have not varied the hardware setup to eliminate these problems. I know it can be frustrating but you really need to carry out all the things you have been asked to do. The debug logs give the biggest clue - if the HDD is not found it doesn't matter whether tuner a/b is working or not - the epg download will fail. You could try the rytec importer which doesnt use a tuner and that would fail too.
 
Yes I've tried erasing the hdd and no difference, unfortunately I haven't got a powered hdd, with tuner b there is nothing stuck in there I can see and nothing broken off the cable so I'm thinking its a dodgy tuner in the box which I'm hoping WOS will confirm. In regards to the hdd do you think it's knackered? I use the same hdd in my edision with no issues.

Send your HDD to WoS so they can test with that too.
 
i will try with a USB stick tonight but am still sending the box back as I'm sure there is an issue with tuner b thanks for all your help it's much appreciated.
 
Don't forget to send your HDD with the receiver too, so WoS can test that.
On a personal note, this is why I always buy receivers that can accommodate internal HDDs, external HDDs are more hassle than they are worth. I would also try the USB stick option to store your EPG data for testing tonight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top