Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Standby Fan Not Working With Vix.

  • Thread starter Thread starter handy
  • Start date Start date
H

handy

Guest
I seem to have this annoying problem where the fan does not work whilst the original Duo is in standby mode.:confused:

1. It works initially in standby after a restart.

2. It does not work after a timer or manual recording.

3. It does work when there is a timer recording whilst in standby, after the timer recording is completed it does not work until another timer is activated.

4. It works without any problem when the box is used for viewing TV.

5. When the box is put into standby it does not work.

Anyone else having this problem?

It works OK it standby with Vix 2.2.110.

Which leads me to believe it's latest image(s) related problem.:(
 
What are your settings in FanControll?
As you describe it, it sounds OK: Off in standby, unless a recording is active.
 
In the past I have had the:
Fan basic action = Off.
Use fan timer = yes.
Fan on duration time = 003.
Fan Off duration time = 001.

Currently:
Fan basic action = On.
Same results.

I read somewhere the fan is supposed to be on whilst in standby.
This is the way it used be & the box always used to be cool to touch.

But now when the box is in standby, the box seems a bit to warm to the touch, cool when it's on.
 
just set one of my Duo's up with build 660, nothing setup or restored except the tuners.

Fan basic action = on.

The fan is spinning just fine in normal operation, tested by placing my hand near the fan to confirm its spinning and moving warm air out of the unit.
placed the receiver into standby and the fan is still turning but its only been like 4 minutes since putting it into standby, will check again a little later and post back.
 
just set one of my Duo's up with build 660, nothing setup or restored except the tuners.

Fan basic action = on.

The fan is spinning just fine in normal operation, tested by placing my hand near the fan to confirm its spinning and moving warm air out of the unit.
placed the receiver into standby and the fan is still turning but its only been like 4 minutes since putting it into standby, will check again a little later and post back.

It seems another person is having similar problem as me.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20200-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0-Discussion/page91

Post #903 & #904.

ok just checked again and the fan has indeed stopped spinning while in standby on my duo, also this is why we continually ask that people make threads for bug reports rather than tacking them onto general release threads as in the case of those pointed out above as they get lost in the rabble and missed.
 
ok just checked again and the fan has indeed stopped spinning while in standby on my duo, also this is why we continually ask that people make threads for bug reports rather than tacking them onto general release threads as in the case of those pointed out above as they get lost in the rabble and missed.

Nice to know I'm not alone with this problem.

You will get the same response when you "Add recording (stop after current event)" & put the box into standby.
When the box goes into standby at end of event, the fan will switch off & not come on whilst in standby, and the box gets pretty warm to touch.
 
The Duo i'm testing with is at the bottom of a pile of 5 receivers, 3 of which have been all day and the duo is still only lightly warm to the touch.

also while i'm here, if you have any debug logs please post them up so we can try and find out whats going on here.
 
VU+ has done extensive testing before releasing the plugin that allows you to stop the fan in standby. They are convinced the box will not be overheated.
Nevertheless: if set to 'on' the fan should indeed always be on. If that's not the case it's either a driver problem (easy to test by using an older driver version) or a plugin fault.
 
I meant warmer than what I'm use to feeling the box, normally it's pretty cool to touch.
Just as well you had same results without reinstating settings, I was going to try that next.

As for the debug / crash logs there isn't anything listed in the logs manager.
I deleted them last week oops.
 
VU+ has done extensive testing before releasing the plugin that allows you to stop the fan in standby. They are convinced the box will not be overheated.
Nevertheless: if set to 'on' the fan should indeed always be on. If that's not the case it's either a driver problem (easy to test by using an older driver version) or a plugin fault.

As I mentioned in my first post It works OK it standby with Vix 2.2.110, I had this image on my box for about a year.

I think problem started around about when I upgraded to kernal 3.1.1.
This is when I started to find my box frozen in standby at times.
 
As I mentioned in my first post It works OK it standby with Vix 2.2.110, I had this image on my box for about a year.

I think problem started around about when I upgraded to kernal 3.1.1.
This is when I started to find my box frozen in standby at times.



Did this problem get sorted? Im waking up to a frozen box every morning as its overheating by the looks of it. The only way i can stop it freezing is in deep standby but i cant record anything then.


cheers
 
The problem was sorted in my case. Fan needs to work in standby too.
 
Freezing stopped immediately after turning on fan in standby. And it havent returned since.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top