Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-SINGLE] Start recording while watching channel

dfox

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Hi All,

Thanks for all your hard work. I just tried to start a recording for a programme that I was watching but was going out of the room on wasn't sure when I'd be back.

Pressed the record button. Selected Add Recording (Stop After Current Event) and my box crashed and restarted?

Also, the button response on the remote seems to be slower than earlier builds.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
 
Where have you recordings set to save to?
 
Hi Judge,

Have recordings set to record to my HDD.

Thanks
 
Did the crash happen straight away when you pressed record? And, can you upload the crash log? It will be in /home/root/logs/ by default.
 
The first suggests your receiver ran out of memory

<!-- Cannot allocate memory -->

not sure about this part though.
Recording to /media/hdd/movie/20140409 2116 - Channel 5+1 - Killing Spree.ts...
FATAL: Failed to allocate filepush buffer, contact MiLo


I'd say check the HDD is still mounted and that your recording path has not defaulted to the flash.
 
The first suggests your receiver ran out of memory



not sure about this part though.



I'd say check the HDD is still mounted and that your recording path has not defaulted to the flash.


Thanks Pheonix,

The HDD is definitely still mounted I have just checked. How come it has failed to allocate memory?
Too many plugins? As I only have on demand installed.

Thanks
 
no idea mate, had a very rough day today so not done any testing etc, but i did test the instant record on build 23 with my solo2 as a result of your post, and it worked perfectly fine there. perhaps one of the devs will see something in your logs that will show the issue a little clearer than i can.
 
The HDD & recording location seems ok:
Code:
[TIMER] Found enough free space to record
Looks like the box ran out of RAM for some reason, does this happen often? When was the last time the box had an E2 restart or full reboot before this happened?
 
Thanks Guys.

Just tried it again to see what happened and it worked fine also. Not sure what happened the time before

Thanks for your replies. Kepp up the good work and advice. Ill see if I ihave any other issues and will post back
 
The HDD & recording location seems ok:
Code:
[TIMER] Found enough free space to record
Looks like the box ran out of RAM for some reason, does this happen often? When was the last time the box had an E2 restart or full reboot before this happened?

Hi Judge,

This is the first time it has happened when trying to instant record. The box had a full reboot
Earlier that day as I had just updated it to build 23
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top