Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Streaming to apps

  • Thread starter Thread starter weirskynet
  • Start date Start date
W

weirskynet

Guest
Hey folks just wondering if this is possible and if so what app could I use to perform it

Wondering if it's possible to stream a different channel to an app for iPhone or iPad no sure what one to use than what is shown on the tv , most apps I use just mirror the tv channel and when u swipe it chNges channel on app and tv

But since the box is a dual tuner and I have setup both tuners on same sat is it possible to view one channel on tv and have the app get channel from the second tuner allowing to watch 2 different channels ?
 
I've tried the VU+ Player app which has options for the multi tuner support. I can get it working so it shows another channel than the one on the tv but it barely runs for a few minutes then constantly drops out.

Be interested to know if it works for other people or if there is anything else that works right.

Cheers.
 
By the sound of it you're trying to stream an HD-channel. No WiFi has enough bandwidth for that.
So either stream SD-channels/recordings, or use the box's transcoding option.
 
Hi,
By the sound of it you're trying to stream an HD-channel. No WiFi has enough bandwidth for that.
So either stream SD-channels/recordings, or use the box's transcoding option.
WiFi has enough bandwidth for it but most smart phones and tablets are only using channels with 20MHz bandwidth instead of 40MHz and therefore only get 65MBit at the best and this is normally not enough.

This fact was new to me to a few weeks ago and I was quite angry. I have quite new equipment and can only get 65MBit in the best case:-(

I have no IOS device but from reading I know that an APP called blackbox (or similar) seams very popular.

ciao
 
I know how to stream that's not the problem and want to stream an sd channel

What I want to know is can you stre a separate channel to the app be it ds or that without the app forcing a channel change on the box itself as most do

So can one person watch a channel on the tv and another stream an sd channel to an iPad

Without changing the channel?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So can one person watch a channel on the tv and another stream an sd channel to an iPad without changing the channel?
Yes. Any stream will be handled by the box the same way as a recording. So as long as there are free tuners, that is very well possible (and normal behaviour).

Having said that: I'm not familiar with the I-versions of streaming applications. Of course it's a prerequisite that the app can handle it.
If not you could stream via the WEB-IF.
 
Will test tonight when home from app and the web-if


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
By the sound of it you're trying to stream an HD-channel. No WiFi has enough bandwidth for that.
So either stream SD-channels/recordings, or use the box's transcoding option.

Nope I'm trying on sd channels & it plays a few seconds then glitches or freezes altogether. Sound is also out of sync & then it locks the solo 2 for a couple of minutes when it freezes altogether.

Has anybody had success with the vu player iPad app?
 
Nope I'm trying on sd channels & it plays a few seconds then glitches or freezes altogether. Sound is also out of sync & then it locks the solo 2 for a couple of minutes when it freezes altogether.
OK, let me rephrase my remark: by the sound of it it looks like you have a bandwidth problem. You summoned the typical symptoms of that.
 
OK, let me rephrase my remark: by the sound of it it looks like you have a bandwidth problem. You summoned the typical symptoms of that.

Do you have the vu player app working on an iPad? I'm just trying to find out if could be the app that is the problem as I have no problems streaming any other video such as iplayer, itv player, netflix etc on my iPad.

Thanks.
 
I have it working on Android, so not the same thing.
Anyway: the players you name are low-bandwidth users.
What happens if you stream via the WEB-IF? That would require the same bandwith as the VU-player.
 
I have it working on Android, so not the same thing.
Anyway: the players you name are low-bandwidth users.
What happens if you stream via the WEB-IF? That would require the same bandwith as the VU-player.

Webif streaming doesn't seem to work at all in safari afaik. Interface & epg etc work but when you click on the tv icon for the channel I get an error. It does however stream perfectly on my PC both in SD & HD.
 
So streaming to your iPod doesn't work at all then.

I don't know if Webif is meant to work in the safari browser on ipad? Like I said it streams briefly in vu player but then glitches, sometimes freezes & the sound is out of sync.

I'm trying to find out if anybody has any app running smoothly from a vu solo 2 to an ipad?

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
I don't know if Webif is meant to work in the safari browser on ipad?
Yes, it is. There is no platform or browser restriction.
Obviously a videoplayer (plugin?) is required.


Like I said it streams briefly in vu player but then glitches, sometimes freezes & the sound is out of sync.
Like I said: bandwidth issues.
 
I appreciate your points but can you offer any help with getting the streaming working on an ipad?

As I said 'I'm trying to find out if anybody has any app running smoothly from a vu solo 2 to an ipad?'
 
Aye I notice freezes and glitches on multiple apps

Using he e2remote pro app works in house fine over wifi also to my ipad

But outside it doesn't freezes etc

Strange as I have plex media server and can load up the plex app and stream full hd content from the pc to the iPad on wifi outside also so seems a bit weird that bandwidth could be an issue here as I have 10mb upload ?





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I use e2remote on iPhone - I used to stream on occasion but it's been a while. I can try tonight if you like?


Tapatālker
 
Aye I notice freezes and glitches on multiple apps

Using he e2remote pro app works in house fine over wifi also to my ipad

But outside it doesn't freezes etc

Strange as I have plex media server and can load up the plex app and stream full hd content from the pc to the iPad on wifi outside also so seems a bit weird that bandwidth could be an issue here as I have 10mb upload ?





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad it's not just me who has problem streaming to the vu player app. Shame as it's a free app. Not tried the e2remote pro as was hoping one of the free ones might work.

I use e2remote on iPhone - I used to stream on occasion but it's been a while. I can try tonight if you like?


Tapatālker

Yes be interested how you get on if you get chance to try a few of the apps as well.

Thanks.
 
I don't think it's the app that's failing. The symptoms you described point to bandwidth issues; nothing an app can do about that.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top