Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] TBS 5925 USB Tuner

Ok, thanks, fully understand the situation now.

I've just ordered the Mut@nt HD51 from the sponsor for Saturday delivery so could you please build a multistream image for it when you have the time.

Thanks again
 
Top man @Huevos

Much appreciated

Will of course report back on the TBS performance on the HD51
 
With this latest update vu+ duo2 lost internal dvb-t tuners and see them only like cable tuners without gives you the selection of dvbt or cable!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Huevos

There is a problem with the updates with both the Solo 4k and HD51, although ABM is pre-installed on both images it's not available from the menu so no way to use it. ABM is available with the 4.2.011 release image for the HD51.

INFO: Because there are only 2 tuners in the HD51 I need to use an additional USB tuner to the TBS and the problem is the HD51 causes problems with the internal DVB-S2 tuner once a tuner is plugged in to a USB2 port with 'tune failed'. I do wonder why Mut@nt don't make dual tuners a la VU+.

I was hoping this STB could be a replacement for the Solo 4k but it seems not.
 
Last edited:
Yep, both ok now.

Thanks for continued support.
 
Still working on it.

Has something changed regarding inbuilt tuner and USB2 issue ?
 
Not that I know of. If that box has an issue with USB tuners you need to start a new thread otherwise the details will be lost in this thread.
 
Just to update to say the HD51 and the TBS5925 are a match made in heaven, so much better than when paired with the Solo 4k.

Multistream works perfectly.

There is no lag at all with UI.

The signal lock is almost instant compared the Solo 4k.

Zapping FTA channels are as fast as using the normal tuners with encrypted taking just a little bit longer.

My dish setup is fairly complex so I need more tuners and unfortunately if more that one USB tuner is used it causes problems with the inbuilt tuners, dual tuners and/or an extra slot would be perfect.

Over all though I'm very impressed with HD51 and any one who has a simpler dish setup then this box is a perfect match with the TBS.
 
So what was the problem you mentioned about losing internal tuners?
 
I have one DVB-S2 and one DVB-C internal tuners.

There are 2 USB ports on the rear 1x USB2 and 1x USB3 a single USB tuner plugged into either one works perfectly and doesn't cause problems, plug in another of a different type to the other port and it may or may not be recognised but always causes problems with internal DVB-S2 tuner usually making the vertical high frequencies failing to tune.

I have tried plugging 2 tuners into a powered USB hub and using just 1 port but always results in the same problem.
 
Well, this HD51 works brilliantly with the TBS so much so that I've decided to keep it as my main box and move on the Solo 4k :p

TBH I'm quite bored with Solo 4k.

I've had to compromise with the tuner configuration due to the current limitation with USB tuners but i'm quite happy with it for the time being.

I thoroughly recommend the HD51 for anyone who wants to use it with the TBS 5925, it's the best box I've tested with it.

and thanks again to Huevos for making it possible.
 
Last edited:
I thought maybe someone might be interested in my HD51 tuner config.

Nims 2 is the TBS, not straight forward as you can see but it handles all superbly.

config.Nims.0.cable.scan_networkid=xx
config.Nims.0.cable.scan_sr_ext2=6952
config.Nims.0.cable.scan_sr_ext1=6887
config.Nims.0.cable.scan_networkid=19
config.Nims.0.cable.scan_sr_6900=False
config.Nims.0.cable.scan_frequency_steps=8000
config.Nims.0.cable.scan_sr_6875=False
config.Nims.0.cable.scan_type=steps
config.Nims.1.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableTuningAlgo=traditional
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableMatrix.Inverto.product=IDLU-UST110-CUO1O-32P
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableMatrix.Inverto.vco.IDLU-UST110-CUO1O-32P.0=1210
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicableMatrixManufacturer=Inverto
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.unicable=unicable_matrix
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.2.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.2.advanced.sats=3550
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.130.rotorposition=13
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.130.lnb=2
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.130.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3325.rotorposition=27
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3325.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3325.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3550.rotorposition=3
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3550.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3550.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.160.rotorposition=16
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.160.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.160.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.260.rotorposition=26
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.260.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.260.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3490.rotorposition=11
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3490.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3490.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3560.rotorposition=2
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3560.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3560.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.315.rotorposition=31
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.315.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.315.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.192.lnb=3
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3300.rotorposition=30
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3300.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3300.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3475.rotorposition=12
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3475.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3475.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3380.rotorposition=22
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3380.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3380.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.48.rotorposition=5
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.48.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.48.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.420.rotorposition=42
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.420.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.420.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.360.rotorposition=36
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.360.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.360.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.100.rotorposition=10
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.100.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.100.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3592.lnb=5
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3592.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3450.rotorposition=15
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3450.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3450.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3520.rotorposition=8
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3520.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3520.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.90.rotorposition=9
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.90.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.90.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.390.rotorposition=39
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.390.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.390.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3530.rotorposition=6
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3530.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3530.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.235.rotorposition=23
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.235.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.235.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3355.rotorposition=24
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3355.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.3355.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.70.rotorposition=7
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.70.usals=False
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.70.lnb=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.diseqcMode=1_1
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.uncommittedDiseqcCommand=1
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.powerMeasurement=false
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.3.diseqcMode=1_1
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.3.uncommittedDiseqcCommand=3
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.3.powerMeasurement=false
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.2.diseqcMode=1_1
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.2.uncommittedDiseqcCommand=2
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.5.diseqcMode=1_1
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.5.uncommittedDiseqcCommand=5
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.4.diseqcMode=1_2
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.4.uncommittedDiseqcCommand=4
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.4.powerMeasurement=False
 
Last edited:
Being here at tuner configuration, can you, please help me to get the best config from my setup:
VU+ Solo 4K, 2xDVB-S2, 2XDVB-T2
TBS 5925
Unicable LNB
Motorised Dish
One cable going from LNB to a two way splitter (came with unicable).

I want to use one end of the cable with the DVB-S2 tuner and the other with TBS 5925.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
 
I want to use one end of the cable with the DVB-S2 tuner and the other with TBS 5925.
Why would you waste this tuner on a fixed LNB when you have so many other tuners available?
 
Why would you waste this tuner on a fixed LNB when you have so many other tuners available?

No, I jut want to feed my TBS from the same line.
Ideally, I'd prefer to have a simple config like "Second Cable of a motorized dish", so I drive the dish normally(like I do now) but when I am at multistream channels I just use TBS.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top