birdman
Moderator
BTW: have you looked at your timers.xml file in /etc/enigma2 to see whether there is anything odd in it?
Yes, I always need to confirm shutdown.But both of those logs shows keys being pressed just before shutdown. I presume that's just to force the shutdown (as the default for that prompt is False).
Deleting this plugin made no difference.The only plugin I use is a usb wireless driver RTL8192CU (I've tried disconnecting (unplugging) this before, without success.)
That "nothing else" may be a problem for the test. You only had one recording timer, and by the time the box shutdown that was completed - so there were no timers at all to conflict.Image flash, tuners configured, ABM, debug on, nothing else, and then tried the same recording procedure as in #39.
It worked fine twice (as I've seen before without a settings restore) but no debug logs were created. By then I'd set up wired ethernet and Samba.
But that was the reason for the test, to confirm that it works with a no settings restore,That "nothing else" may be a problem for the test. You only had one recording timer, and by the time the box shutdown that was completed - so there were no timers at all to conflict.
I had tried this before, and have just checked again, if I delete all autotimers and all timers, the problem still persists with my normal settings.BTW: have you looked at your timers.xml file in /etc/enigma2 to see whether there is anything odd in it?
Ah - that's new information.I had tried this before, and have just checked again, if I delete all autotimers and all timers, the problem still persists with my normal settings.
if config.timeshift.isRecording.value:
if 0 < nextrectime < faketime:
return nextrectime
else:
return faketime
http://birdman.dynalias.org/OpenVix/debug/CCS/
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
cp -p Standby.pyo Standby.pyo-021
cp <path-to-new>/Standby.py Standby.py
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
mv Standby.pyo-021 Standby.pyo
I've always enjoyed debugging...I like to see things working properly.Thanks for your help and support, it really is much appreciated.
It's set to now + 300s...and that is because of this:I've produced a log, and it looks like the time of the next recording is about "now",, when the next scheduled recording is 18:25.
see code snippet in #47.CCS: config.timeshift.isRecording.value True
I just grab a programme from the epg which hasn't yet started, and change the start and stop times to suit.The log shows the next recording was due at 11.02. You interrupted a running recording of Neighbourhood Blues after three minutes, so perhaps it was trying to continue it?
The timeline is quite confusing - the schedules for BBC1 show Neighbourhood Blues starting at 11.30 this morning in the Yorkshire/Lincs region, yet your EPG shows 10.50Can you clarify this?
ps - your refresh rate is set to 60Hz - should be 50Hz if you watch UK TV mostly. Only 60Hz or multi if you watch mostly US material shot at 30fps.
I just grab a programme from the epg which hasn't yet started, and change the start and stop times to suit.
In the log, the recording was set from 10:50 to 10:55, and wasn't interrupted.
Thanks for the refresh rate tip, I'm sure the tv manual refers only to 60hz, buy maybe that's not the point?
As far as the test goes it is.Ok - I see what you did, but this is not a normal use case, though.
My MBTWIn only has start-up quirks, and I can't see how anything can work around them. However, since this just means it wakes up early and might stay in "awake" mode rather than standby when it does I can live with it. OpenATV has its own failings on that count for the MBTwin (looking at the code).I know your box is not the same as mine or birdman's (MB Twin) but it does share similar quirks as regards shutdown behaviour.
I did have an issue on my MBTwin using "multi" when playing back a downloaded recording and pausing - on restarting the screen lost the minor size and placement I need to use (having never found an option on my Sony TV to totally switch off overscan).As regards the 60Hz setting - the TV will adapt automatically to any refresh rate supplied, so it should work with 50i or 50p or 60i or 60p and may also support 24p from Blu-ray players etc.
http://birdman.dynalias.org/OpenVix/debug/CCS/config.timeshift.isRecording/
I certainly am, if I can't get time tonight it'll have to be later tomorrow.If you're still in the game for a fix...
Well if OpenATV works then I guess if I was a betting manIf you're still in the game for a fix...
I've found all of the places in the enigma2 code that set config.timeshift.isRecording = True. That's 4 files.
I've added a call to traceback.print_stack() at each spot (and the one which should be initializing it, which prints what it gets set to) so that we can find out which one is used, and the call sequence that took it there.
So, if you look at:you'll find edited versions of the 4 files that have changed (in Components, Screens and Tools)Code:http://birdman.dynalias.org/OpenVix/debug/CCS/config.timeshift.isRecording/
There are also two scripts - one to put them into place (and backup the current *.pyo file) and another to remove them (and re-instate the original *.pyo files). Also you'll find a tar.gz of all of these (in the directory itself).
So, if you download the tar.gz file onto you box, unpack it (tar xvf ...tar.gz), cd to the created config.timeshift.isRecording directory and run ./add_debug_files.sh the 4 debug files will be copied into place. Then restart the GUI and run the test. You should find some CCS: tagged tracebacks in the debug log.
To remove the trace code just cd back to the config.timeshift.isRecording directory and run ./remove_debug_files.sh.