Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Unable to go into deep standby after a recording.

OK - debug log created .........

remove debug didn't work - syntax error line 14 unexpected "done" (expecting "fi").

-sorted, zipped version of file had missing fi in remove script. The unzipped version of the file is ok.
 
Last edited:
remove debug didn't work - syntax error line 14 unexpected "done" (expecting "fi").

-sorted, zipped version of file had missing fi in remove script.
Sorry. I forgot to re-tar it. Now to look at the logs...

Well - here's the culprit:
Code:
CCS: tracing True setting
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 660, in <module>
    runScreenTest()
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 515, in runScreenTest
    runReactor()
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 108, in runReactor
    reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1192, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1204, in mainLoop
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 147, in doPoll
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 40, in poll
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/timer.py", line 239, in calcNextActivation
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/timer.py", line 309, in processActivation
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 806, in doActivate
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/timer.py", line 174, in stateChanged
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Timeshift.py", line 1270, in ptsTimerEntryStateChange
    traceback.print_stack()
CCS: tracing done
so why was that called??? (The call sequence is top to bottom.)
 
Would a no settings restore (ie a working) debug trace be of any help?
I won't be able to sort one out until late tomorrow.
 
Well - I can't get past (or even into):
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py
​
as this is not on my system.
Oh yes it is....memory lapse there for a while.

I can't quite figure out why a network module would be calling back into the timer code!
 
What actually is in your settings file?

There must(?) be some reason that it wanders into timeshift code.
 
As I mentioned before....
I've got timeshift switched off, at least I think I have.

"Automatically start timeshift after" is set to disabled, but doesn't show up in the settings I posted earlier.

The timeshift folder is /media/hdd/timeshift/ and is always empty, and the folder timestamp is months old.

but there is no reference in the settings file.

Code:
config.timeshift.stopwhilerecording=true
config.misc.ButtonSetup.power_long=Module/Screens.Standby/TryQuitMainloop/1
config.misc.firstrun=false
config.misc.initialchannelselection=false
config.misc.startCounter=202
config.misc.languageselected=false
config.misc.videowizardenabled=false
config.misc.isNextRecordTimerAfterEventActionAuto=true
config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/hdd/
config.osd.dst_width=696
config.osd.dst_top=8
config.osd.dst_height=555
config.osd.dst_left=16
config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.abm.terrestrial_uk_freeview.100.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.tv.lastservice=1:0:19:4440:4089:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
config.usage.movielist_trashcan_reserve=40
config.usage.movielist_trashcan_days=4
config.usage.last_movie_played=1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:/media/hdd/movie/20151118 1825 - BBC ONE Yk&Li - Look North.ts
config.usage.on_movie_eof=pause
config.usage.enable_tt_caching=false
config.usage.standbyLED=false
config.usage.alternatives_priority=127
config.crash.sizeloglimit=10
config.crash.debugloglimit=4
config.crash.daysloglimit=8
config.crash.debug_path=/media/hdd/logs/
config.autobouquetsmaker.hidesections=terrestrial_uk_freeview:120|terrestrial_uk_freeview:170
config.autobouquetsmaker.keepallbouquets=false
config.autobouquetsmaker.providers=terrestrial_uk_freeview:belmont____________:13:
config.autobouquetsmaker.FTA_only=terrestrial_uk_freeview
config.autobouquetsmaker.level=expert
config.movielist.last_timer_videodir=/media/hdd/movie/Eastenders/
config.movielist.fontsize=5
config.movielist.btn_radio=sort
config.movielist.btn_blue=tags
config.movielist.videodirs=['/media/hdd/movie/', '/media/hdd/movie/Eastenders/', '/media/hdd/movie/Holby/', '/media/hdd/movie/Emmerdale/', '/media/hdd/movie/Casualty/', '/media/hdd/movie/Countryfile/']
config.movielist.itemsperpage=19
config.recording.margin_before=2
config.recording.keep_timers=3
config.recording.margin_after=6
config.recording.offline_decode_delay=1000
config.servicelist.startuproot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.abm.terrestrial_uk_freeview.100.tv" ORDER BY bouquet
config.servicelist.startupservice=1:0:19:4484:4089:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
config.av.generalAC3delay=0
config.av.videomode.HDMI=1080i
config.av.generalPCMdelay=0
config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/etc/shadow', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/ushare.conf', '/etc/inadyn.conf', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/softcams/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.wlan0.conf', '/etc/auto.network', '/usr/crossepg/providers', '/etc/samba', '/usr/keys']
config.epgselection.multi_showbouquet=true
config.epgselection.graph_primetimehour=18
config.epgselection.graph_eventfs=5
config.epgselection.graph_ok=Zap + Exit
config.epgselection.graph_showbouquet=true
config.epgselection.graph_channel1=true
config.epgselection.graph_itemsperpage=11
config.epgselection.graph_piconwidth=100
config.epgselection.graph_infowidth=0
config.epgselection.graph_servicewidth=220
config.epgselection.graph_servfs=3
config.epgselection.graph_preview_mode=false
config.epgselection.multi_itemsperpage=18
config.epgselection.graph_pig=false
config.epgselection.enhanced_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.graph_primetimemins=0
config.epgselection.multi_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.enhanced_itemsperpage=18
config.epgselection.graph_timelinefs=5
config.plugins.autotimer.maxdaysinfuture=0
config.plugins.autotimer.delay=3
config.plugins.autotimer.interval=25
config.plugins.autotimer.show_help=false
config.plugins.epgsearch.history_length=10
config.plugins.epgsearch.history=['Bargain Hunt', 'ironman', 'iron', 'qi']
config.Nims.1.multiType=1
config.Nims.0.multiType=1
config.Nims.3.configMode=nothing
config.Nims.3.multiType=1
config.Nims.2.multiType=1
config.seek.selfdefined_46=25
config.seek.selfdefined_13=30
config.seek.sensibility=10
config.seek.selfdefined_79=120
config.softwareupdate.checktimer=6
config.softwareupdate.check=false
config.epg.freesat=false
config.epg.netmed=false
config.epg.cacheloadtimer=1
config.epg.virgin=false
config.epg.histminutes=15
config.epg.cacheloadsched=true
config.epg.cachesavesched=true
config.epg.cachesavetimer=1
config.epg.viasat=false
 
Last edited:
Just a thought...

I'm always recording bbc1 hd in the tests, and I also have bbc1 hd set to be service to tune to when booting up.

I can't remember exactly when I set this up, but I do remember thanking the guy who posted how to do it.

The deep standby problem might have been noticed at about the same time.
 
but there is no reference in the settings file.
Perhaps not, but you did say that when you ran the test after a reflash and before restoring your settings that all was OK. So it strikes me that there is something in your settings that is triggering the issue.
 
Well...
config.timeshift.stopwhilerecording=true
​

looks like a candidate.

Go into your Menu/Setup/System/Timeshift settings and set "Stop timeshift while recording?" to no.

Then see what happens....
 
Well...
config.timeshift.stopwhilerecording=true
​

looks like a candidate.

Go into your Menu/Setup/System/Timeshift settings and set "Stop timeshift while recording?" to no.

Then see what happens....

Magic - it now works.

So does this mean that setting

"Automatically start timeshift after" to disabled
"Stop timeshift while recording?" to yes

is an invalid combination, or have I misinterpreted the meanings? The timeshift folder never gets used.

Thanks again - if you want any more debugging projects then .......... :)
 
Magic - it now works.

So does this mean that setting

"Automatically start timeshift after" to disabled
"Stop timeshift while recording?" to yes

is an invalid combination...
Well - it looks like it might be unexpected.
There is some code which appears to check the value of "Stop timeshift while recording?" without seeming to check whether timeshift was actually on before the recording started.
I'll have a look around that area before submitting a bug report.

And as for the bug I found along the way that "reproducibly" hung my MBTwin - well, today it didn't. But t didn't restart the box either. I have a suspicion that performing a reboot, rather then setting a wakeup timer for 30s in the future, would be more reliable. I just have to figure out how to set the exit code for enigma2 from within mytest.py....not currently obvious.
 
I find that if a timer wakes up my XT10K from deep standby, it doesn't return to that state at the end of the recording. My timer entries have "After event" set to "auto", and "Automatically start timeshift after" is set to "Disabled", and "Stop timeshift while recording?" to "No".

My OpenVix version No is 3.2, build 036 last update 2016-01-28. This problem has been present since I first tried timers after purchasing the box last week, so I have not tried reflashing.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
 
I find that if a timer wakes up my XT10K from deep standby, it doesn't return to that state at the end of the recording. My timer entries have "After event" set to "auto", and "Automatically start timeshift after" is set to "Disabled", and "Stop timeshift while recording?" to "No".
Do you have timeshift on at all?

My MBTwin usually doesn't go back to sleep. This seems to be related to the fact that the longer it has been in Deep Standby the earlier it wakes up. And if it wakes up "too long" before a recording is due to start it reckons it wasn't woken up for the recording, so doesn't shutdown immediately it finishes. Oddly, the "woken for a recording" flag is all actually driven by a front-panel value that is read as enigma2 start up, so it's odd that it doesn't get set anyway, but...

I have Power timers that will get it back to sleep with ~1 hour if I'm not doing anything else and juts live with this. I'd rather have it up and idle, then not up and missing a recording....
 
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply - the answer is No.
Then I suspect your box doesn't always (or ever...) flag that the wakeup is for a recoding rather than caused by a power-on or remote-control action.

If you have debug logs enabled you'll see an entry like this:
Code:
 [Navigation] RECTIMER: wakeup to standby detected.
near the start when that has been flagged.
 
Thanks, birdman.

Tried with timer set for late last night with debugging enabled, but couldn't find anything in the log file starting "[Navigation] RECTIMER:" this morning.

However this morning it was on ordinary standby - could that be due to a shorter time in deep standby before the timer fired?

Will try again later to see if I can repeat the situation.
 
Tried with timer set for late last night with debugging enabled, but couldn't find anything in the log file starting "[Navigation] RECTIMER:" this morning.

However this morning it was on ordinary standby - could that be due to a shorter time in deep standby before the timer fired?.
If it were the recording timer switching it off after waking up for a recording it would have but it back to Deep Standby..
Perhaps you have a Power Timer set to go to Standby after a certain time?
 
Tried to record again yesterday evening after several hours in deep standby, and its not in either standby mode this morning, and again couldn't find anything in the debug log file starting "[Navigation] RECTIMER:".

I have not (deliberately!) set any power timers nor are there any listed when I selected Menu->Timers->PowerTimers.

Debug log file attached.

I am probably doing something silly, but what??
 

Attachments

I am probably doing something silly, but what??
Your box doesn't have a time set as enigma2 starts up, so that would screw things up as one of the tests is whether the next recording's start time is within 6 minutes (and for you it will be >46 years). It also means that your debug log names will be very similar and so you may overwrite the previous one.

ntpdate is run in the enigma2.sh start-up script (its the first thing it does), so it should be set. I'm assuming that your box has access to the Internet and a working DNS resolver.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top