Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Unable to watch/record more than two channels again

If there was a bug in the code where performing a software update adds 23.5 and 19.2 to tuner configuration as well adding a unicable setup, wouldn't other people have reported it too? I dare you to flash a new image, without restoring anything afterwards and setup your tuners from scratch and video yourself doing it. To my mind you are inadvertently changing something and not realising the mistake you are doing. Alternatively, find someone you trust to remote over and assist you.

Yes, a unicable LNB will allow you to get the most out of your receiver. Provided it is configured correcty. The sponsor sells this LNB among others.
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gt-sat-gt-s1dcss24-unicable-lnb-1-legacy

I think you have a Mk2 Sky dish, so it should have a 40mm collar. If it isn't you will have to get an adapter for your dish or a newer dish.
 
Thanks for the LNB info. I'll get one. I assume I then just connect it to just one of the inputs on my dual tuner card and there is no point buying a dual cable LNB?

Then I'll probably do a completely clean install by flashing the image. I'll wait until the EPG bug is fixed though.

Thanks for the help with this.
 
Last edited:
wow and wow you may have discovered something. I have the duo4kse with 2 x fbc TUNERS ie there is a twin in each slot, its to replace a DUO2 eventually and I have a sony play tv 2ual dtt added. My KURO got the dreaded 8 blinks so could not access the KSE until today as I fixed the KURO y replacing 2 x boards. So while waiting for a delivery I switched on and went to entertainment and proceeded to record channels, bbc bbc2 and then when I clicked on itv4 HD it came up sending the dish to 192 E !! I thought WTF and had about 6 recordings on the go so stopped them and started again and this time when I go to ITV1 I get the message moving from 19E and ITV1 wont open!! When I go to ITV4HD it now opens. Not a clue what is happening. Now my sytem is a bit intricate in that I have a cable going from motorised dish to input on second FBC set as uaals . So I have 3 cables from sky dish and one cable from motorised dish.

I can go on and record other channels and got up to 10 but not itv1. I moved dish to 19e and can view channels on 19 e but not record and tried ITV1 just bit nothing. I can then go to DTT and record all of it, about 12 channels simultaneously= 22 recordings.

But telling dish go to 19e on itv4 first and then showing dish at 19e when I try ITV1 is intriguing. NB I dod have timers set for ITV1 this evening, emmerdale, corrie.

And my tuners my be configured incorrectly here is a pic of slot 2 fbc set up. The reason for the setup in slot 2 is that I wanted input 1 to be for usals and input 2 as a loop out to another box but it wonky so set tuner as is for now.

But ITV4 sending me to 19E is a mystery.

I an using VIX 6.4.010.

I then went to ITV2 ITV3
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5932.webp
    IMG_5932.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 8
wow and wow you may have discovered something. I have the duo4kse with 2 x fbc TUNERS ie there is a twin in each slot, its to replace a DUO2 eventually and I have a sony play tv 2ual dtt added. My KURO got the dreaded 8 blinks so could not access the KSE until today as I fixed the KURO y replacing 2 x boards. So while waiting for a delivery I switched on and went to entertainment and proceeded to record channels, bbc bbc2 and then when I clicked on itv4 HD it came up sending the dish to 192 E !! I thought WTF and had about 6 recordings on the go so stopped them and started again and this time when I go to ITV1 I get the message moving from 19E and ITV1 wont open!! When I go to ITV4HD it now opens. Not a clue what is happening. Now my sytem is a bit intricate in that I have a cable going from motorised dish to input on second FBC set as uaals . So I have 3 cables from sky dish and one cable from motorised dish.

I can go on and record other channels and got up to 10 but not itv1. I moved dish to 19e and can view channels on 19 e but not record and tried ITV1 just bit nothing. I can then go to DTT and record all of it, about 12 channels simultaneously= 22 recordings.

But telling dish go to 19e on itv4 first and then showing dish at 19e when I try ITV1 is intriguing. NB I dod have timers set for ITV1 this evening, emmerdale, corrie.

And my tuners my be configured incorrectly here is a pic of slot 2 fbc set up. The reason for the setup in slot 2 is that I wanted input 1 to be for usals and input 2 as a loop out to another box but it wonky so set tuner as is for now.

But ITV4 sending me to 19E is a mystery.

I an using VIX 6.4.010.

I then went to ITV2 ITV3

FBC Tuners do not have a loop out function from their tuners. You cannot loop out to another box.

Your Hardware:
Signal wires from 28.2 fixed dish hooked up tuner A, B and I
Signal wire from motorised dish is hooked up to Tuner J

Going by the overview of your tuners, (you should really access the tuner to obtain a screenshot)
You have told your receiver it has
Tuner I = Motorised dish
Tuner J = It has no physical dish, but should use internal loop-through from Tuner I

If you want us to look at any potential issue, set your tuners to match the hardware connected to them.

What has probably happened is that you have made an error on you tuner configuration and told it it has 19.2 when it does not. It moves what you told it is a motorised dish, but is actually a fixed 28.2 dish until it gets a signal lock. The 28.2 services are now marked as 19.2 too. Have a look at your timers/debug log for the service references.


Correct tuner config = telling receiver what is physically attached to each tuner.

Based on your description, it should be
Tuner A = Simple, Single, 28.2 (Green to save)
Tuner B = Simple, Single, 28.2 (Green to save)
Tuner C-H will be FBC automatic. I.e internal loopthorugh when required.

Tuner I = Simple, Single, 28.2 (Green to save)
Tuner J = Motorised selecting satellites. (Green to save)
Tuner K-P will be FBC automatic. I.e internal loopthrough when required.
 
Last edited:
will a look over the weekend. It means pulling out a cabinet and I need to be alone.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top