Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Virtual keyboard bugs

Maybe we should remove skins from our build if they are not on our skins repo.
 
Hi Huevos

Please don't skip Army_MoodBlue, this is the only one with an acceptable font size. My screen is HD 32in. Furthermore please check how the stream info on the radio stations is displayed. If you like I can attach you screenshots.

Thanks a lot
nekrub2
 
Hi Nekrub2,

Is the author of the Army MoodBlue Skin still maintaining their skin? If so can you please ask them to update their skin. The information about the changes required / available are here: https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/doc/VIRTUALKEYBOARD

Have you confirmed that the VirtualKeyBoard is working on one of the standard OpenViX built in skins?

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Ian

I have posted the request to the thread of OldSkulRide Army MoodBlue HD skin. I just hope he is reading this (last entry 2013)

I can confirm, that the VirtualKeyBoard is working on the default skin, whith the open request for a Swiss German layout.

Best regards
nekrub2
 
Hi Nekrub2,

The Swiss German layout is already in the Dev builds and should become publicly available in the next production build.

If the author / maintainer of OldSkulRide Army MoodBlue HD doesn't respond then I think you should find a new favourite skin. If the skin hasn't been updated since 2013 then it will likely be missing a number of recent skin enhancements.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Ian

Many thanks for your efforts for promoting the Swiss German Layout.

In respect of alternative layouts I have checked out all default installed ones. For all of them the fonts are tiny. Of course in the configuration of the station list I can fiddle round to get it bigger. If I new how to do I would even update the Army MoodBlue skin. Where is the code stored? Are the skins written in XML?

Thanks a lot
nekrub2
 
Hi Ian

I have played round with the skins which were automatically downloaded with the installation. Simple Ten Eighty from Abu Barnaz is the closest to my old Army MoodBlue. The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in thge channel list configuration.
Best regards
nekrub2
 
The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in the channel list configuration.
Which EPG?

I think this needs an override to the skin-files (it's the reason that I have some overrides).
 
Hi Nekrub2,
I have played round with the skins which were automatically downloaded with the installation. Simple Ten Eighty from Abu Barnaz is the closest to my old Army MoodBlue. The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in thge channel list configuration.
I don't think the code supports a font change so any changes will need assistance from the skin author.

I find that 1080 (FHD) sized skins have a problem with users seated further away from the screen. Perhaps you can try some of the 720 (HD) skins to see if you find something you prefer.

Regards,
Ian.
 
I will not be changing any of my skins in the near future to incorporate this mess.
Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners.

All my future skin releases will have the original virtualkeyboard.py component in the ipks that will over write this crap.

If anyone wants a functioning virtualkeyboard. You can download the original one from my dropbox.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwkbjsp9dbh773e/VirtualKeyBoard.py?dl=0

Download the file and then place it in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Then reboot your box.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will not be changing any of my skins in the near future to incorporate this mess.
Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners.
The truth is the the Virtual Keyboard was months in planning on OpenPLi's public forum. Hundreds of posts from numerous people. Anyone could participate. In all that time not once was there any input from you saying it was a bad idea or there was a problem. And now here you are calling someone selfish for breaking your skin. Fix the skin and move on. Or don't bother, but quit your whining. You had plenty of opportunity to speak up in the development stage.
 
Last edited:
Hi Kiddac,
I will not be changing any of my skins in the near future to incorporate this mess.
Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners.
I considered providing a manual and documentation on the VirtualKeyBoard changes important support specifically for skin maintainers. (https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/doc/VIRTUALKEYBOARD)

What exactly is the "mess" of which you speak?
All my future skin releases will have the original virtualkeyboard.py component in the ipks that will over write this crap.

If anyone wants a functioning virtualkeyboard. You can download the original one from my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwkbjsp9dbh773e/VirtualKeyBoard.py?dl=0

Download the file and then place it in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Then reboot your box.
Why do you consider the new VirtualKeyBoard "crap"? Is it in any way broken or malfunctioning? If there is a problem then perhaps you could fill us in on what is wrong.

If you are proposing that the OpenViX code should never be changed or improved then I suspect that you may have adopted an unpopular position. OpenViX (Enigma2) is a living project and will always be changing. Sometimes the changes will be small and sometimes they will be large. Some changes may involve skin changes. It is unrealistic to demand that all changes be stopped just because you don't want to maintain your skin(s).

If you require assistance in upgrading your skin then please ask. I have provided a link to the VirtualKeyBoard documentation above. There are also a number of actively supported skins that have already been updated. You can use them for guidance on what changes are required.

If you don't want to maintain your skins then that is you right and your choice but please don't expect the world to stop just for you.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Why would I visit the openpli forum. I have absolutely no interest in openpli. I skin for openatv and openvix. But as you two now just randomly destroy whatever you want and now push your crappy changes to openvix github, it just time to just override any of your changes in the future. And yes several people are already complaining that the latest openvix update has broken everyones virtual keyboard. Because very few people I know of actually use openvix skins.
 
Can we confirm if the "emergency skin" has been adapted for the new virtual keyboard?

Also, it is worth pointing out that a skin can support both the old and new virtual keyboard.
 
If people want to use a skin that won't adapt to changes in an image, maybe they should stop updating their image?

Obviously the skin is more important to them than the image.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top