Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ DUO 4KSE 2x DVB-C/T2 Tuners - but one not working

JohnnyLanc

Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
41
Reaction score
12
Points
8
Hi, 1st post, so please go easy on me.

VU+DUO4KSE
OpenVix 6.7.009 (initially 6.7.007)
2 x Dual DVB-T NIM(BCM3466) (Multitype DVB-C/T2)

I bought a Vu+Duo 4k SE in March 2025. It has 2 x dual terrestrial tuners, but recordings have been a bit erratic, in that the PVR seems unable to record more than 2 programs at a time. Any more causes recordings to show as recording but zero minutes, and sometimes a blank TV screen too.

The tuners are set up correctly, showing as tuner A, B, C & D.

Last night I looked at Menu - Setup - Tuners & Scanning - Signal Finder, the following happens:

Only A & B tuners show as having a signal.
If I select tuner C or D the results are blank, there is a spinning VIX logo at top left tv screen, and O/S freezes.
If I swap over the aerial feeds there is no change.
If I disable tuners A & B then look at signal finder, tuners C & D now show as having signal. Selecting A & B tuners causes spinning VIX again.

It looks to me that the O/S is not able to handle both dual tuners at the same time.

Is this a known issue?
If not, please could an expert help me to sort out this issue?

Thanks in advance,
John
 
Scrub what I wrote above. All seems OK this evening, but something tuner related happens occasionally, triggering the spinning VIX logo.

Cheers,
John
 
have you 2 direct feeds to the tuners or are you splitting the signal? Go to menu tuners & scanning and the miscellaneous and see what the settings are. I would use Auto. Newer image versions can bring... hiccups.;)
 
Thanks.
Direct buffered feeds from a Proception splitter/amp.
I'll check the settings later.

I'm aware that the latest doesn't always mean its the best version. The Duo came with Vix 6.7.007, but I'd read that creating 'virtual' folders wasn't very easy, and that later versions fixed this.

The Duo is intended to replace an aging Topfield PVR, so is very different in many respects.
 
Last edited:
I might have got it wrong, but think I read that subdirectories (or folders) within Movies are virtual, not real.
I'm pretty new to Enigma2 based PVRs so am probably completely wrong about this.
 
"collections" is where similar recordings are grouped together. This was added by a developer (SimonC) who came from a topfield background. Maybe we should add a better name for it.
 

Attachments

  • collections.webp
    collections.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Not many people use the mtsif tuners letalone two as in your case. So might be an unidentified issue. Can you upload some debug log when the problem is exhibited.

Try PLI and see if you get the same problem.

The tuner logic for these receivers was designed to cater for 8 tuners per each card slot. Satellite/cable FBC tuners are 8 tuners per card. The MTSIF terrestrial tuners are 2 tuners per card. Maybe this is where the problem lies.
 
I might have got it wrong, but think I read that subdirectories (or folders) within Movies are virtual, not real.
I'm pretty new to Enigma2 based PVRs so am probably completely wrong about this.
If you have come from a Topfield/Mystuff background you will find that Openvix does all you want. Things may be implemented differently and there may be a few minor things missing, some of the terminology is different, but there is also functionality that wasn't in the Topfield/Mystuff package.

I too came from a Topfield/Mystuff background 11 years ago and after a bit of a learning curve have stuck with Openvix.

With regards storing recordings. There is an option to automatically put recordings of the same (series) of programs into a folder. The first recording will just appear as a single entry in the top directory but when a second recording is made of, say, a series a folder is automatically created and all linked recordings will go into it. There is also a way of manually creating these folders.

With regards you problem with tuners it is worth providing screenshots of your settings for the tuners - a guide is:-
https://world-of-satellite.com/threads/how-to-take-screen-shots-how-to-attach-files.44054/

I've found the web interface (webif) the easiest method (2nd post) in the above link. Note: it shows the older web interface. If your box defaults to te newer interface the screen shot function is selected as indicated in the screen shot belowscreen.webp
 
I have a uno4kse to setup with kiddac skin and using vix 6.6 but dont have line for folder/directory!! " Enable automatic etc!" weird. I have a sony play tv dual dtt tuner but as we have only 2 muxes in Ireland I can record everthing at once. I dont know FREEVIEW so am intrigued with the 2 x dtt slots . How many muxes are there?
1748172286557.webp
 
For the DTT if I had 2 plugin tuners I would use this config under miscellaneous and then tweak it if I got hiccups.

1748172816289.webp
 
Thanks all!

I'll try the suggestions as and when my brain power permits. (Long Covid + CFS = Brain Fog)

Meanwhile...

Is there a warning message when several Autotimers try to record too many programs within the same time span?
The last time this happened was also when the spinning Vix logo appeared, and several recordings failed.

Should I inspect the Timers list, then takes measures to prevent tuner congestion before it occurs?

Topfield/Mystuff would have flagged this before it happened, but is there a Vix plugin that would detect and/or prevent such clashes?

Thanks again - I'm still learning.
 
I have a uno4kse to setup with kiddac skin and using vix 6.6 but dont have line for folder/directory!! " Enable automatic etc!" weird. I have a sony play tv dual dtt tuner but as we have only 2 muxes in Ireland I can record everthing at once. I dont know FREEVIEW so am intrigued with the 2 x dtt slots . How many muxes are there?
UK freeview uses 6 muxes.
 
Tuner setup screenshot:
 

Attachments

  • 1_0_1_20C0_2002_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20250525141140.webp
    1_0_1_20C0_2002_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20250525141140.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 40
I too came from a Topfield/Mystuff background 11 years ago and after a bit of a learning curve have stuck with Openvix.

Hi adm.

Were you one of the Mystuff developers, or a user like me?

I read the document "Moving To Enigma2/OpenVix For Toppy Users" several times before taking the plunge with a Vu+. I know ordering 2x T2 tuners was a bit unusual, but assumed that WOS wouldn't have let me if wouldn't work.

Thankfully it does work very well, apart from (mainly) finger trouble on my part - still learning.

I miss the series-link function, but Autotimers seem to work well instead.

I also miss Mystuff's ability to find alternative broadcasts to record, without repeating recordings. Not possible until Enigma can use CRID??

Cheers
 
Could the forum admins please change the thread title to remove the words "but 1 not used"?
 
"collections" is where similar recordings are grouped together. This was added by a developer who came from a topfield background. Maybe we should add a better na

Hi adm.

Were you one of the Mystuff developers, or a user like me?

Just a long time user.

I also miss Mystuff's ability to find alternative broadcasts to record, without repeating recordings. Not possible until Enigma can use CRID??

menu/timers/Autotimers and while in that screen press menu again. then select option 6 = settings
See the help information associated with "add similar timer on conflict"

autotimer_settings.webp

When you set an autotimer from the EPG screen by pressing "blue" in the first screen untick timespan and only on weekday
In the second screen
Require description to be unique = any service/recording
Check for uniqueness in = Title and Short description. Do not select extended description because there isn't one in the UK
This will stop the autotimer setting timers for the majority of the repeats. It does rely on the broadcaster having some consistency in the description each time the same programme is broadcast. It doesn't work where the broadcaster (mainly on the lesser channels) uses exactly the same generic description for everything in a series.

autotimer_example.webp

In the Edit autotimer screen its possible to set more than one channel to search for the programme.
 
The main issue at the moment is the tuners. As I recall, the late @ccs reported an issue on his his ultimo 4k with MTSIF card. Hopefully, once that is solved, you should not get any timer conflicts. Likelihood of you recording more than 4 multiplexes simultaneously is very low.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top