adm
Forum Supporter

Yes that was a typo I meant to say I disconnected all other outputs. I have tried 3 different cables and I looked up how to wire an F connector and did it to the letter. I have also done them in the past in my previous house and they always worked fine. We even tried a bit of cable that they weren't using anymore that was previously working in their house.
I tried another sky box from my own house and that didn't work either. The switch in the loft space sounds likely. Can I do something to recreate that in my flat?
On second thoughts: If there was a muti-switch in the loft space 4 of the LNB outputs would be connected to it. Were there 4 connections from the LNB going to the loft?
If there is a switch in the loft space there are probably spare outputs on that - you could connect your single cable to a spare switch output. If you are lucky there could be more than two spare outputs on the switch.