Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Solo2 causing internet problems.

  • Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date
Tried again and on screen it says

ofgwrite Flashing tool
written by betacentauri

a couple of boxes and then reads, in red letters, error remounting root.
 
I downloaded the image, 010, via the remote. Nothing happened, so I tried again and the above happened
And now it's crashed again.
 
blue button -> ViX -> Image Manager -> yellow button, download Helious 010.

blue button -> ViX -> Image Manager -> blue button, flash the image you just downloaded.
 
I did what you just posted and the above is what appeared on my screen.
 
I haven't added any plugins, only the ones that were preinstalled on my Vix built World of Sat box.

So as you can see, I can't flash the box or really do anything without it crashing.

I'm at a loss and thinking I've just bought a very expensive door stop/ paper weight.
 
That picture you uploaded isn't any part of a default ViX image as far as I'm aware.
I could be corrected here, so wait till someone else can confirm.
 
Dont worry about the ofgwrite screen, it is exactly what you should see if live flashing the receiver via the Image manager and certainly nothing to worry about.

I do however think you are trying to run before you walk and making things way too complicated for your self.

1. Download a fresh clean copy of Helios Build 010 from www.openvix.co.uk
2. Download the Solo2 flashing tutorial from www.openvix.co.uk
3. Prepare your USB stick as described in the tutorial (use the HP format tool to format the flash drive, link in the tutorial).
4. flash the image and setup from scratch, do not use any settings backups.

If the above still fails try a different Flash drive / USB stick.
 
Since moving to Zeus the process of flashing from within the box has been handled by this ofgwrite flashing tool by betacentauri, well it certainly has on my solo2 and duo2 it isn't a dodgy plugin it is now part of the kernel... Also on flashing my solo2 from Helios 006 to 008 the other night I too had the red unable to mount rootfs error, I had to download and flash from USB, but then updating from within the box with ofgwrite from 008 to 010 worked fine .
 
Ok, thanks. I will try all these. Hopefully it will work.

Maybe I am trying to run, but ideally I just want to sit and watch telly. Telly that doesn't freeze every ten minutes invoking an annoyed look from my wife followed by 'And how much did we pay for this satellite box again?'

I'm under pressure guys!!!
 
You mentioned that you had a few glitching F5 boxes as well - the only way to eliminate glitching is to get a legal subscription
 
You mentioned that you had a few glitching F5 boxes as well - the only way to eliminate glitching is to get a legal subscription

I've been a paying Sky customer for over 20 years.

Had a skybox in my place in Spain. Easier to take a card in your luggage than a sky + HD box.
 
Have you reflashed the receiver from a usb stick without restoring settings yet? Also why are you using mgcamd if you have a local card - its a client only emu.
 
Last edited:
No, not had chance. Going to try that tomorrow. Been really busy at work since that advice. Want to make sure I have time to read all the instructions and do it properly.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top