Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] What is the flashing green blob on the infobar

leshay

New member
Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Messages
289
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Livingston, Scotland
Hi

Have scoured the VIX manual but unless I missed it, there is nothing in the manual about this.

I sometimes see what looks like a flashing green blob surrounded by brackets in the info bar next to the flashing red 'Rec' light.

I had thought it was something to do with a new update being available, but that didn't work out as it would happen when there was no such new update available.

Question:what on earth is it, and why does it flash at me sometimes?
 
It's the update icon basically telling you there is a image update available for your receiver.

Green - stable update
Red - unstable or untested update.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
I wondered this too, and then when I put metrix HD skin on it flashed Update next to a green logo
 
It's the update icon basically telling you there is a image update available for your receiver.

Green - stable update
Red - unstable or untested update.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Hi

Strange, as on various occasions I have checked for such an update when it is flashing and there is none. As an example, I am currently using 043, green blob flashing right now, but update site still shows 043 as the latest.
 
Build 044 was released this morning, and build 045 has just been uploaded, although we have set the status of that to unstable as it triggered a bootloop on one of the test receivers.
 
It does not have to be on the openvix site to trigger the update icon, when a new image line is built it triggers the online update icon on the image regardless of wether the image has been uploaded to the openvix.co.uk download site or not, images and other files there are uploaded by us manually.
 
Do not update to o45, will cause E2 loop, wait for 046.

Confusion here as usual. So, the web site doesn't get the update until manually uploaded - OK, so I must wait for that as I don't think the Software Update menu option allows choice of which version to allow? Or am I off on a wild sidetrack here?

To be safe, I think I should always wait til an update appears on the web site so I can see which one to choose.
 
I done the normal thing its a green arrow but the colour was changed to red

done update on tch-nano oe then loads 100% then starts again 100% constant stuck on loop
will usb it see what happens
 
I done the normal thing its a green arrow but the colour was changed to red

done update on tch-nano oe then loads 100% then starts again 100% constant stuck on loop
will usb it see what happens

As sicilian stated build 045 is unstable and causes a bootloop, wait for 046 which is building rite now, this contains the fix.
 
Appoligees what it was i was just changing channels seen update wasnt on laptop so just updated done a reflash back to 043 anyway cheers for reply
 
As sicilian stated build 045 is unstable and causes a bootloop, wait for 046 which is building rite now, this contains the fix.

Bit late for me, box is stuck in boot loop!!! only updated 5 mins ago!.

Anything i can via telnet or shuld i just reflash with my image back-up?

Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top