Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] 2 x receivers Not picking up image updates

youngsyp

New member
Joined
Apr 16, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I noticed that there had been an update to the image on 10th May (v5.3.028), so checked my VU+ Uno 4K SE and GiGaBlue UHD Trio and they were both on v5.3.026. They both have auto update enabled.
I then went to manually update the images, via the GUI, and both stated there was nothing to update.

I seem to remember updating both boxes when I bought them, last month.

Am I missing something with the box configuration?

Cheers,

Paul
 
Images don’t auto-update, you have to manually update via Menu > Information > About > Yellow Button (Software Update). ViX has never Auto-Updated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Done that, as per my OP, and both are reporting there's no update available.

Paul
 
You will need to either; 1/ Reboot and if this still doesn’t bring your available updates up you will need to do 2/ Couch Flash. Couch Flashing is easy and painless. Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Yellow button and highlight the latest image 5.3.028 and Green button to download. Once downloaded close (red button) that window and then Blue button to Flash. Say yes on next prompt. Your receiver will do a backup automatically before Ofgwrite tool flashes your receiver, then restore your settings & plugins from the backup your receiver created. Simples. [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
OK, so this is slightly weird

I rebooted both boxes and when they came up, they both had the latest version installed, without me doing anything else. Could it be that although both were stating no update was available, they actually updated when I elected to manually update them, and the forced reboot completed this process?

Paul
 
ViX never auto updates, you have to initiate the process manually yourself..
 
Yep, as @Andy_Hazza already explained in his first response...

Paul

I know, but you then said "they both had the latest version installed, without me doing anything else", so I just confirmed that this couldn't have happened.
 
same problem on SF8008 octagon.Box gives error on updates trough menu.

Ps: did a couch flash and working fine
 
Last edited:
This thread attracted my attention because my Solo always shows all items that are being prepared for update, whereas my Uno always shows nothing to upgrade until the Vix update is actually released.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top