For some time now, probably a few months, I have found recordings that are all black. By this I mean that recording has the expected length, but all you see is black with no sound for the full length. It is as if the recording has been made from a source that is not connected.
Not all recordings are like this, but the number seem to be growing. There are more such recordings on some channels than others. I used to make a lot of recordings from BBC Earth, and in the beginning a few recordings were black, and then the number grew, and right now it looks as if all recordings from BBC Earth are black. But other channels are hit too. Now I record every broadcast of the series I want, even if there are two or three of the same episode, and mostly only one episode is recorded black, and the others are OK.
I have once watched a programme on BBC Earth while it was recorded, but when I looked at the recording afterwards, it was black.
Not all recordings are like this, but the number seem to be growing. There are more such recordings on some channels than others. I used to make a lot of recordings from BBC Earth, and in the beginning a few recordings were black, and then the number grew, and right now it looks as if all recordings from BBC Earth are black. But other channels are hit too. Now I record every broadcast of the series I want, even if there are two or three of the same episode, and mostly only one episode is recorded black, and the others are OK.
I have once watched a programme on BBC Earth while it was recorded, but when I looked at the recording afterwards, it was black.
