There is no point venting here, you want a fix bombard gigablue to sort out their screw up.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Sorry, I think you are still being unfair.
To be perfectly honest if I was the site sponsor sand I saw some of the admins comments in this thread, I'm not sure I would want my site associated with such people and I'm being 100% serious.
I have all the time in the world for the likes of Andy working his backside off writing the software.
But the way we have been treated over this issue by admin/mod staff, well it's bang out of order really and I would expect admin staff to come down hard on mods that treated us like this, not for the comments to come from the site owner and an admin.
And all it takes is two or three pissed off people to go with another image and you can guarantee when they are discussing on whichever forum they end up residing on, various things, if someone brings up ViX, they are likely to make comments along the lines of "great bit of software, but if you have problem and are trying to get to the bottom of it on their forum , they will tell you to shut up and give sarcastic replies.
And what sort of damage would that do to the ViX programmers hard work or the site sponsor?
And for what? What is so wrong with this thread? All people are trying to work out is why going back to the older version doesn't work. Which version will work,. Whether others have tried a version and their problems gone away.
So what if it's a driver problem. Are we only allowed to discuss things that aren't driver related on this forum? If someone has a problem with playback, their LCD display not working or whatever, are they going to be told it's probably a driver problem so don't discuss it here, go hassle Gigablue, VU or whoever instead? Because that would cut your forum traffic down by about 95%
I really really really don't get why this has got so nasty., It's turned into a real them and us with the admins and the Quad users having a problem and there was no need for it to. ALl we did was tried to help each other, did our tests, reported our findings and you all started getting nasty.
Your forum, your choice but I've seen it happen before and I'm sure it will happen again. I used to help mod what was a very very well known UK cable forum. It grew (over 15,000 members), more admins, more mods and in the end I quit my position as I couldn't stand the way many members were being treated by certain mods/admins, who would say things totally out of order to innocent threads, I would point out to them (admin/mod) that I think they are wrong to have said xyz, they would talk about the forum member in the mod area as though that forum member was a piece of scum (often members that have contributed 100s of useful posts over the years), others would agree for no reason other than all sticking together, and I got sick of it, I watched them drive person after person away and said if they carried on they would have no site left. They weren't all bad, just that once someone had done or said something wrong, no one had the guts to apologise, instead almost everyone else blindly backed them up.
There's a reason that site no longer exists today and I place it firmly on those few admins/mods.
Or to put it another way, it's the users that make this site, it's the users that make the sponsor want to sponsor you.