Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OpenViX 6.4 Released! Support/discussion thread

Hello,

6.4.010
anybody else noticed when box waking up from deep standby to standby the tuner goes active ? After that when power on and power off (back to standby), the tuner is inactive.
 
Have you got a log? By the way Vu FBC tuners are always powered.
 
Same thing that tuner is activated happens when you restart GUI.
 
No sign of a tuner left open in that log. Once everything is initialised it closes all frontends.
[eDVBFrontend8] close frontend
 
Actually it shows this:

[Navigation] playing ref 1:0:19:60D:2001:20F6:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

Have you got a startup service set?
 
Actually it shows this:

[Navigation] playing ref 1:0:19:60D:2001:20F6:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

Have you got a startup service set?

I have enabled StartUpToStandby if you mean 'startup service' by that.

I have Power Timer set every day to Deep Standby and next morning wake on to Standby.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
<timer timertype="deepstandby" begin="1702587600" end="1702614600" repeated="79" afterevent="standby" disabled="0" autosleepinstandbyonly="no" autosleepdelay="60" autosleeprepeat="once">
<log code="5" time="1701982887">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1701982887">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1701982887">activating state 2</log>
<log code="5" time="1702009800">activating state 3</log>
<log code="15" time="1702009800">time changed, start prepare is now: Sun Dec 10 22:59:40 2023</log>
<log code="5" time="1702241980">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1702241980">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1702242000">activating state 2</log>
<log code="15" time="1702269105">time changed, start prepare is now: Mon Dec 11 22:59:40 2023</log>
<log code="5" time="1702328380">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1702328380">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1702328400">activating state 2</log>
<log code="15" time="1702355505">time changed, start prepare is now: Tue Dec 12 22:59:40 2023</log>
<log code="5" time="1702414780">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1702414780">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1702414800">activating state 2</log>
<log code="15" time="1702499545">time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Dec 13 22:59:40 2023</log>
<log code="5" time="1702501180">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1702501180">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1702501200">activating state 2</log>
<log code="15" time="1702528304">time changed, start prepare is now: Thu Dec 14 22:59:40 2023</log>
<log code="15" time="1702549782">time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Dec 13 22:59:40 2023</log>
<log code="15" time="1702549782">time changed, start prepare is now: Thu Dec 14 22:59:40 2023</log>
<log code="5" time="1702587580">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1702587580">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1702587600">activating state 2</log>
</timer>
<timer timertype="deepstandby" begin="1702677540" end="1702705500" repeated="48" afterevent="standby" disabled="0" autosleepinstandbyonly="no" autosleepdelay="60" autosleeprepeat="once">
<log code="5" time="1702072720">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1702072720">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1702072740">activating state 2</log>
<log code="15" time="1702100804">time changed, start prepare is now: Sat Dec 9 23:58:40 2023</log>
<log code="5" time="1702159120">activating state 1</log>
<log code="6" time="1702159120">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1702159140">activating state 2</log>
<log code="15" time="1702187205">time changed, start prepare is now: Fri Dec 15 23:58:40 2023</log>
</timer>
</timers>

EDIT: Made a Power Timer test (deep standby --> standby) with StartupToStandby disabled and box doesn't go to standby, but it is activated to latest service.
 
Last edited:
ViX doesn't have Start to standby option so you must be using something else.

Startup service is in ChannelSelection, press menu once and it is there in the context list. Maybe at some point you have added this. Check in the settings file.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
I installed 6.4.010 to multiboot slot 5 without any restore. Created a Power Timer to 'go to deep standby' and after few minutes 'go to standby'. The box wakes up like it was powered up from standby so I can watch service.
Then I created a Power Timer to 'go to deep standby' and after few minutes 'wakeup to standby'. The box wakes up like it was powered up from standby so I can watch service, but after a while it goes to standby with no tuners activated.

Is this helping or more tests needed ?
 
I installed 6.4.010 to multiboot slot 5 without any restore. Created a Power Timer to 'go to deep standby' and after few minutes 'go to standby'. The box wakes up like it was powered up from standby so I can watch service.
Then I created a Power Timer to 'go to deep standby' and after few minutes 'wakeup to standby'. The box wakes up like it was powered up from standby so I can watch service, but after a while it goes to standby with no tuners activated.

Is this helping or more tests needed ?
can you describe what you are trying to achieve? I am confused whether you have an issue or just pointing out an error.
 
can you describe what you are trying to achieve? I am confused whether you have an issue or just pointing out an error.

I think that is a bug. In that case when my receiver is waking up from deep standby, it must stay at standby without active tuner.
 
Missing python dependencies installing (foreign) "serienrecorder" plugin

Hi folks,
let me first thank you for this wonderful Image, that keeps my [Gigablue HD Quad Plus] box running for quite some years now :-)

I tried to upgrade from 6.2.* to the latest 6.4 - which did work out quite well. Since the "serienrecorder" plugin is not part of the repository, it was not upgraded as well. Which I was aware. since this was the same through all updates so far.

On reinstalling the plugin it seems to need quite some additional python dependencies that could not get resolved and I'm interested in some hints how such issues might get managed. The plugin itself is marked as "works well with python3" and it did run fine on the 6.2 image.

2024-03-13_12-14.webp

Certainly, I can go back to the 6.2 but I bet the missing libraries can get installed too. I don't want to switch to openATV just because that plugin.
 
[solved] Missing python dependencies installing (foreign) "serienrecorder" plugin

Problem solved: "User error"

I have been tricked by the note that this plugin was not restored after the upgrade. But obviously it still counted as "already installed". Thus, it was not offered as installable plugin and I thought it would not exist at all. Therefore I tried with a manual download from the developer and got the dependency problems.

Once I correctly removed the "installed but defective" plugin, a proper entry showed up in the list of installable plugins.

Voila! Works with a single klick. And it found all my previous databases and configuration.:thumbsup:

Case closed.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top