Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s

Hi, super work thanks, can you please add TorGuard, ovpn files here: https://torguard.net/downloads/OpenVPN-UDP.zip

thanks :)

Hi can you try this

Copy all the text and change the first two lines uuuu with your username and pppp with your password copy all the text and past in putty and hit enter. If it works ill add to main script

Code:
USERNAME='uuuu'
PASSWORD='pppp'
###############################################################
# Standard Config
# If you change anything below this line, it probably wont 
# be able to connect to your VPN.
################################################################
wget -O TorGuard.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/master/TorGuard/TorGuard.sh && sed -i "s/uuuu/$USERNAME/g" TorGuard.sh && sed -i "s/pppp/$PASSWORD/g" TorGuard.sh && chmod +x TorGuard.sh && ./TorGuard.sh
 
Thanks, works fine, just needed to add the full path to the .conf file for auth.txt i.e /etc/openvpn/auth.txt

Cheers and keep up the good work :)
 
So did you have to edit it as

auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/auth.txt
 
Yes, thats the only change I made as it was giving a auth.txt path error.

Cheers :)
 
hi mate when i paste my details into putty i get this error message
line 15 syntax error unexpected "("
any ideas

thanks
 
hi mate when i paste my details into putty i get this error message
line 15 syntax error unexpected "("
any ideas

thanks

Is that after choosing a number or straight after pasting the script?
 
Updated list for VPN Generator

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite

Code:
https://e2openvpn.com/OpenVPN_Generator/

Can post 12 be updated with list and generator site please?
 
Updated list for VPN Generator

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite

Code:
https://e2openvpn.com/OpenVPN_Generator/

Can post 12 be updated with list and generator site please?

UPDATE:

Thanks for putting this script together

Using it with Surfshark - working fine now - got the config wrong earlier. thanks for your efforts.
 
Last edited:
Tried to use the script to connect to SurfShark

It didn't connect, I dont see anything in the logs either.

Noticed the following while the script was running - looks a bit off.

WARNING: cannot verify account.surfshark.com's certificate, issued by ‘CN=GlobalSign Extended Validation CA - SHA256 - G3,O=GlobalSign nv-sa,C=BE’:
Issued certificate not yet valid.


Any suggestions?


UPDATE

Removed and reinstalled it again
Still doesn't work and no logs, service will not start.

Also noticed - openvpn folder is empty.

Can you ftp hdd see if you see a surfshark folder? Inside the folder should be other countries go in one you should have a .conf file and auth.txt with your username and password.

I think your having certificate issues so you might not have the configs there. What image are you using and version number?

I've just ran the script and configs downloaded and edited fine although I dont have a surfshark account to test to see if openvpn works.
 
For some reason on this one box the vpn changer application didn’t install. I manually installed it and got it working.

Going to trim the list of VPN concentrators on the list to no more than 5.

Which country VPN concentrators would you recommend one keeps in the list.
 
I dont have a surfshark account but maybe some UK and Europe countries but do spped test on them first and check the ping
 
Hi,

I have followed the instructions and installed this, but I can't get the vpn to stop on the vpn changer plug in, any help?

Also is there a way to group the servers in a country instead of having long lists of them?
 
Hi,

I have followed the instructions and installed this, but I can't get the vpn to stop on the vpn changer plug in, any help?

Also is there a way to group the servers in a country instead of having long lists of them?

Red button exits you'll need to goto openvpn in network menu to stop vpn. Red to stop vpn works on openatv but not vix I think it's a button xml issue.

The script is pretty basic I'm not sure how to create separate sub folders or if vpn changer is capable but I'll look into it in the future.

You can also FTP media/hdd/vpn folder and delete some countries you might not use although you would need to delete them again if you rerun script.
 
thanks for this detailed guide,
i carefully followed every step of it, and i got the plugin installed but i cant get openvpn to start , i'm using openvix+ digibit for vpn, when i go to menu/network..../openvpn it says stopped, then i press the green button to start it nothing happens and after a while the box crashes.
any advice please on hoe to get the vpn working .
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top