Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] TBS 5925 USB Tuner

@ Huevos, l can't get at the Solo 2 at the moment but will rescan and post debug files when l can.






Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
@James save the xml file from both tuners. Xml files are in /tmp after scan completes. And debug log from both scans. Not sure why you have this trouble as scans work for el bandito.[/QUOTE]

@ Huevos,

I have done 2 vertical only scans the first was with the Solo2 tuner B single satellite with tuner A un-configured, that scan found 183 channels, I then disconnected and un-configured tuner B and connected the TBS again as a single satellite and it found 190 channels I can't upload these Xml files as they are in the wrong format but I have saved them.

BTW I did a STB restart before the TBS scan and checked before the scan if it would open any channels from the previous Solo2 scan or I could see a signal using the STB signal finder and I could not, the TBS scan took about 4 times longer than the Solo2 scan.

The good news is this time I was able to open the FTA channels scanned with the TBS, maybe it is because I used the "clear before scan parameter" on the blind scan page before the TBS scan, could that have been the problem?

Unfortunately the SNR and AGC levels using the TBS tuner are a considerable amount lower...in fact over 30% than with the Solo2 tuner which is surprising given the TBS found more transponders than the Solo2. Some of the weaker FTA channels from the TBS scan are showing pixilation so the Solo2s the higher SNR and SGC levels seems to indicate a more sensitive with a better lock than the TBS tuner, also the channels scanned by the TBS won't open with the Solo2 tuners.

I could only find one debug file and I think this is for the STB restart and not the scans but I have attached anyway.

Kind regards and thanks again for all your help and hard work,

James.
 

Attachments

1. No you have both tuner at these satellites! Just give priority to tbs and don't remove these satellites from internal vu tuner

2. I had similar problem but fixed when I removed the satellite and add it again, and I make totally scan with tbs tuner


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't want to give priority to the TBS tuner, because then it will always be the first to be engaged, irrespective of whether the task involves a multistream transponder. If you subsequently want a multistream channel for something, the receiver won't be able to do it unless you cancel the first task.

It would be nice to have a modification to the system so that it stores and reads an additional attribute for each tuner, indicating whether it can receive multistream. Non-multistream transponders could then be handled automatically by the normal internal tuners, leaving the TBS tuner to do any difficult stuff.
 
Receiver = Duo2, 4 Internal tuners, various usb tuners
Images = At least 4.2.005 and later (Problem also exist in other recent OE Alliance images)
Problem = Blindscan faling to complete
Post#95 = Failed blindscan log example.

I tested several images, and a few different blindscan plugins. The blindscan for internal tuners will start but not complete when any of my usb tuners are connected. The internal blindscan works fine IF the power is removed from the receiver, and the usb tuners are physically disconnected from the receiver. The blindscan works fine for usb tuner TBS5925, regardless of what other usb tuners are connected to the receiver.

Note: The latest blindscan plugin posted a few days ago at OE Alliance Git has been tested by me and seems to be OK. This does not seem to be a blindscan plugin problem.
 
The thing is we can only fix open source code, not closed source or hardware incompatibilities. Main point of the thread, multistream seems to work. And Blindscan too apart from this incompatibility. Blindscan was never bulletproof on the internal tuners anyway. Only real annoying issue is Enigma2 needs a way to select the correct tuner for multistream.
 
@Tenten, your crash is caused by a dirty lamedb file. I'm going to commit a fix so this doesn't happen in future, but it is not the fault of ABM.
 
4.2.007.001 Multistream available. Either pull the software update or download the USB.zip from:
Code:
http://images.satellites-xml.org/multistream/

Fixes:
  • Select multistream tuner when channel is multistream.
  • Give preference to non-multistream tuners when multistream tuner is not required.
  • Clean dirty lamedb in ABM.
 
Last edited:
Solo 4k won't boot with this image either by software update or fresh flash.

It doesn't even get far enough in to the boot process to telnet in.
 
Ok, please test that multistream channels automatically go to correct tuner whereas normal S2 channels play on the internal tuner.
 
Not sure of the purpose of that test as my TBS just has a dedicated LNB on 5w and I've never had a problem with either MS channels from the TBS or normal S2 channels from other satellites on the internal tuners since the start of testing.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top