Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Duo2 OpenVix 4.2.012 locking solid (not even remote works and clock stops)

  • Thread starter Thread starter shocky_uk
  • Start date Start date
S

shocky_uk

Guest
Hello all,

I have been reading through forum after forum trying to get some help on this issue but so far no joy.

Basically I have owned my Vu+ Duo2 for about 11 months, all was well until about 3 months ago when occasionally it would lock solid and only a rear power switch would get it back.

I decided at the weekend to move to the latest version 4 OpenVix without realizing my older backups of settings would not work (lesson learned), however I am all up and running but the issue of freezing is worse than ever. I have tried the following;

  • Clean install of OpenVix 4.2.012 from USB.
  • Setup new 4GB USB (FAT32 format, then initialized in menu's) with 128Mb SWAP, EPG and PICONS (in case it was the HDD going to sleep causing the issue).
  • Re-initializd the 2Tb Hitachi HDD supplied
  • Increased the fan speed in the inbuilt control (max I've seen this read is 35oC...is that hot?)


My Version from the about;
Model: Vu+ Duo2
Chipset: BCM7424
CPU: BCM7425B2
CPU Speed: 1.3 GHz
Cores: 2
Build: 4.2.012 (Release)
Skin name: ViX-Night-HD
Drivers: 2015-12-01
Kernel: 3.13.5
OStreamer: 1.9.0 (GIT)
Python: 2.7.11
Installed 2016-10-28
Updated: 2016-11-04

System temperature: 35oC

It does this on BBC One / Freeview.

Hopefully I've stuck to the rules although I am still learning some terminology.

Appreciate any next steps/tips. I was loking at the Bootloader on OpenVix for my box but I cannot tell if that comes as part of the download or if its seperate?

Many thanks
Dan
 
You don't need a swap file, whether it actually causes problems is another matter.
 
Originally it did not have the swap and still crashed.

I don't mind removing, its a tough learning curve with the terminology and equipment both :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top