CRMS
Forum Supporter

- Joined
- Jun 18, 2020
- Messages
- 339
- Reaction score
- 2
- Points
- 18
You need to stop enigma, delete the CrossEPG user folder, and restart enigma.
And how do I do that please?
A search here for "stop enigma" hasn't helped.

You need to stop enigma, delete the CrossEPG user folder, and restart enigma.


Telent:
init 4
and later
init 3

I assume you mean "Telnet"??.
I opened OpenWebif on a PC, then Terminal, entered root for login and then the password I had set.
Typed in init 4
The TV picture disappeared and box froze just whirring. Completely unresponsive.
I restarted, installed the plugin browser and found a crossepg folder in usr??
With crossepg folder displayed, I tried init 4 again. Frozen again so I couldn't delete crossepg folder. And Terminal on PC is frozen. So no init 3 either
The only way to get back to life is power off/on.
I can delete the usr/crossepg while running
Is there a guide on this - I did look in guides but didn't find anything? I feel as if I'm fumbling around in the dark

use DCC that is much easyer for deleting/creating directoris on your box HDD or even for copying picons in root

Can you supply a debug log……menu/setup/system/logs/settings…… choose not flash (hdd or usb) , enable, local time.Gigablue UHD EU 4K (gbue4k) here - does anyone else use service 5002 to play IPTV? A few days ago this stopped working for me. I can use 4097 and 5001 but 5002 was always much better. More stable and lipsync didn't go out whenever there was a glitch in the stream like on 4097. Problem seemed to coincide with the last update but could just be a coincidence. Tried a re-flash and still the same. Also the same after flashing the previous version, so maybe a plugin issue (Serviceapp is installed). I can play a file OK using exteplayer3.
I flashed OpenATV (latest) to another slot and all is fine there, so I can use that for the time being.
Just wondered if anybody else had the same issue...
Can you supply a debug log……menu/setup/system/logs/settings…… choose not flash (hdd or usb) , enable, local time.
Try and capture the attempt to use 5002 … saves my eyesight!
I suppose the problem lay in changes in your provides access that no longer work with this version of ServiceApp. Did it ever worked in ViX with Exteplayer3? Nothing has changed from a year in ServiceApp
Yes, it worked for 2.5 years with the same supplier until a few days ago. And it still works in OpenATV. That is not to say the provider did not change something, but if they did it was a change that did not matter to OpenATV (+serviceapp).